having bad gel problems with one client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmajt

Shopaholic Geek
Reaction score
Morning geeks,

I'm after a bit of advice, i've got one client that has gel nails and everytime she comes back for an infill she's lost practically every nail. I infilled last night and she'd lost 8 nails in 2 weeks!!! - so basically it was a full set again!!

Every nail that she's lost has snapped off at zone one (so basically the tip i've put on) and she's just left with gel in zones 2 & 3.

My prep is the same as for every other client be it gel or L&P. I'm currently using Akzentz gel the following way -

Prep nails
Apply tips (she has velocity tips)
Surebond
bonder gel/cure
white builder gel in zone one/cure
builder gel in zone 2 feathered towards zone 1/cure
normal gel over all 3 zones/cure
file/buff
top coat/cure

I never have a client lose this many nails ever - she lost all of them apart from her pinkies.

Now she is quite heavy handed and works in a pet shop - which she inisits is the reason she loses them.

I did them really short last night - hardly any free edge and applied a tad more gel inbetween zones 2 and 3 as this is were the snapping is occuring, but not sure if even this will help her.

I'm getting worried now that her nails are getting thinner by repeatedly losing them, she promises me that she uses solar oil everyday and would be lost with out her nails (like she has them on for that long anyway:Scared: )

Any ideas if i'm doing something wrong, or if i can try anything to make them stronger on her???

Running out of ideas!!

is it possible that her stress area is in a different place to where you think it should be?
have a look at this thread Press for Stress and it's all explained.

Oooh that does sound like it could be the cause - never heard of the 'press for stress' thing before.

I'll give that a try from now on and see how it goes - thanks Sandi:biggrin:

Emmajt said:
Oooh that does sound like it could be the cause - never heard of the 'press for stress' thing before.

I'll give that a try from now on and see how it goes - thanks Sandi:biggrin:
you're welcome :hug:
I had a minor problem with one of my NNO clients, her nailbed was gorgeous but the stress area wasn't in what I would assume to be the right place... Ruth passed that link on to me in my thread and it helped me loads with not only that client but subsequent clients too :D

Latest posts

Back