Having trouble with Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deborah1611

Reaction score
I'm having trouble with my You Glare, I Glow (purple) from the All about the the glow collection it's shrinking when I apply it even before it goes under the led light.
I'm not doing anything thing different than I always do!
I shape the nails, do cuticle work, buff the nail, remove dust, apply ph bond, foundation, cure, dry wipe and then when I apply the colour it shrinks. Please help xx

Sent from my SM-T210 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi,

Do you cap the free edge? If not it will shrink back. Hope that helps! Xx

Yeah I cap the free edge xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm having trouble with my You Glare, I Glow (purple) from the All about the the glow collection it's shrinking when I apply it even before it goes under the led light.
I'm not doing anything thing different than I always do!
I shape the nails, do cuticle work, buff the nail, remove dust, apply ph bond, foundation, cure, dry wipe and then when I apply the colour it shrinks. Please help xx

Are you applying your foundation extra thin? Its got to be really thin x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Try flash curing a few nails before moving on to the rest should reduce shrinking x

Are you also dry brushing including the free edge?

Mines the same, I do two fingers then cure 10 secs then two fingers, flash cure again. Helps a little xx

Try dry brushing the base coat

I put a thin layer of foundation cure and always dry brush the nail and free edge its the only colour that does it xx

How do u flash cure? Xx

How do u flash cure? Xx

Do a couple of fingers , capping the free edge and cure for 10secs. Do another couple then 10 secs again . When you've done them all , cure for 30 secs like normal. This way the polish doesn't have time to shrink back. 😁

Thanks very much xx

Do a couple of fingers , capping the free edge and cure for 10secs. Do another couple then 10 secs again . When you've done them all , cure for 30 secs like normal. This way the polish doesn't have time to shrink back.

Do you cure together all the fingers for 10 secs (including the new ones made and the previous ones already cure for 10 secs)?. Or do you do a couple of fingers cure for 10 secs, then do another couple of fingers and cure only those alone for 10 secs, and finally when the whole hand is made, you cure the entire hand for 30 secs???.

Do you cure together all the fingers for 10 secs (including the new ones made and the previous ones already cure for 10 secs)?. Or do you do a couple of fingers cure for 10 secs, then do another couple of fingers and cure only those alone for 10 secs, and finally when the whole hand is made, you cure the entire hand for 30 secs???.

Yes do a couple at a time , so they don't shrink back ,then when all have been flash cured ,cure all for normal 30 secs .

Latest posts

Back