Having trouble

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too was taught 100 grit file but knew better than to listen!

I use 180 to prep for both gel and acrylic and seem to do just fine.

I was taught this by the Scottish beauty school/NSI Scotland!

Crazy!
180 is still too low, I use that for shaping the nails when I'm done. Buffing the nail plate should be a 240, surely?

100 grit, on NATURAL nail!? I couldn't have read that right. 240!! 240!!!!! I still hear people say 180 around sometimes but even that's considered outdated and way too low now.

Heck my natural nails are super buffed to high gloss shine and I still don't take a 240 to them for gels or gel polish I just do amazing prep for everything else...
Cuticles, cleanse, dehydrate,
NO bonder. And my gels stay on perfectly. Then when I remove them, my nails are still mirror smooth underneath.

No 100 grit file!!! You will destroy people's nails.

100 is mental, It sends shivers through me. I sometimes catch my nails when using a foot file and I actually take the boak. I'm sure this is what it feels like with the 100 grit. I use a 240 sponge board

After reading all the replies, I checked through my training manual from The Scottish Beauty School and it states use the brown 100grit file to remove shine during prep. I done my course in 2012.

we were taught 80/80 for going over the acrylic or a 100/100, but that was to go NOWHERE near the natural nail... I've hit myself with a 80/80, and assuming a 100/100 isn't much duller... ohmygod.... ouch! and a 180 for blending tips, 240 for prep

After reading all the replies, I checked through my training manual from The Scottish Beauty School and it states use the brown 100grit file to remove shine during prep. I done my course in 2012.

Woah they really need to refresh their teaching manuals.. That's terrible! :(

Glamour Fairy :)

Latest posts

Back