Hawiiaan Lomi Lomi comes to Durham

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippy-chick

Reaction score
having read a couple of threads about this intriguing therapy, I have decided to take the first step and do a one day taster in it. This could lead to practioner level if it bowls me over (8 intensive days for the practioner level).

So, its coming to Durham soon, and think theirs 6 places left in anyone is interested. PM me for details.

sorry hun , i have never heard of it ? can you tell us a bit more about it , it sounds like it might be good xxx

[taken from an email advertising the course]

Discover The Hawaiian Feel Good Factor!

This Workshop is a great opportunity to immerse yourself in the delights and secrets of Hawaiian Massage.
You will be amazed by how much you can enhance your massage skills in just one day.

Hawaiian Massage is the traditional healing massage of ancient Hawaii, combining the best of Lomi Lomi and Kahuna Bodywork.
In this unique and visually beautiful style of massage, the practitioner uses full hands, forearms and body weight to create long, flowing continuous strokes that sweep over and under the body from head to toe. Luxurious, unforgettable and empowering Hawaiian massage has the ability to change peoples lives.

In this Workshop you will learn how to:
Experience an Hawaiian paradise through guided visualization
Receive and give basic Hawaiian Massage to back of body
Use hands, forearms and body weight to create the long, flowing, continuous and beautiful strokes unique to this style of massage
Take bodywork to a whole new level of depth and connection
Bring to life the Spirit of Aloha giving nourishment revitalization,
inner calm and relaxation
Move with grace, ease and good posture
Appreciate the joyful wisdom and dance of the ancient Hawaiians

[taken from a reply by g.lo on a recent thread]

Hawaiian massage is just Fab, in a way it kinds of wrap all other massage and make it one. i had people saying that it is similar to thai, shiatsu, accupressure, you find sport in it, sweedish, lumph drainage, it is just amazing.
There is lots of style of Lomi Lomi ( the most common in Europe is temple style -huna lomi) and I have learned the mana lomi style.
the whole massage take 2 hours ( i use exotic organic oil from island of Maui) to do, but i give people the option of one hour and 90min. the massage uses mainly forearms and thick pad of your hand, lots of streches ( you feel tall after!:lol:). it can be very gentle or as powerful as you want (full body weight used). you can add hot stone ( lomi ili ili) or scrubs, hot towels to enhance the treatment.
I also do the remedial side of lomi lomi, which is quite similar to osteopathy, excellent for relieving tension headaches, back problem, carpal tunel, frozen shoulder, sciatica.... i have to stop here otherwise i will go on and on about lomi lomi.

gaby

Sounds fabaroony to me, I would love to do something like this, but as I dont do comp therapies anymore, I think it would be a waste for me to travel and pay out for the course!! It does sound cool though, being able to offer 'Kahuna Bodywork'!!! I love it!!

Well that all sounds amazing, if you decide to do it can I be your Guinea pig :hug::hug::hug:please...x

Lomi Lomi massage is fantastic, it is my favorite!!!!!!!! i love it, it just seem that it kind of wrap all the massage techniques in one! there is lots of style and the one best known is "temple style Lomi".
i had the privilege to go and train in Hawaii ( big island and Maui), i did in total 5 weeks of intensive training(6days a week 9-6p.m!!!!!!!!).
if any one can, really do the training as it will enhance even your actual massage!
Too bad Hippy-chick that you are so far, we could have exchange treatment!:irked:

just bumping this up to see if any one else is interested in attending the course that I'm co-ordinating.

hi guys ive just looked into the lomi lomi massage, i have found a training school in london oxford street.

i spoke to a lovely lady called rosalee they are holding a one day work shop tuesday 17th feb (costs £85) helps add techniques to your exsisting massage.

or you can do the practioners course which is 10 days 2 days a month (costs £850. but can be broken done so you pay 2 days at a time. which is £170) deposits £170

the website is www.huna-massage.com or telephone number is 01273730508

hope someone finds this helpful

xxx

hi kel,
yes Rosalie is the one going to be coming up to Durham

We have rescheduled to march 12th.

Latest posts

Back