HD Brows new brand guidelines

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This has completely put me off doing the course. I have been contemplating it for months as its sooooo expensive but jeez anything to get more and more money out of people :(
Glad this was posted, thanks xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Literally I am outraged!! Going all the way down there again is not on. It took me ages! Petrol, hotel, expenses all add up!

Having to buy products every 3 months to stay on the salon finder I wasn't aware of... That does not sound like a professional company to me. I'm extremely unimpressed.

This why I chose not to go with HD in the first place, they are greedy and effectively running YOUR business. Demanding money left, right and centre and re-branding and demanding everyone jump on board with it. For the 'one man band' that's not so easy.

In my opinion they have gone in the same direction as Dermalogica and Bare minerals, forgotten about the 'small companies' that put them where they are today.

makes me sooooo angry!!

Hi all, I've been intouch with HD Brows to clarify the new guidelines and this is thier reply. I'm sure this will put a lot of minds at rest...

We have changed the T&Cs to include slightly stricter rules to the HD Brows Membership Accounts for brand protection purposes only. We always encourage our stylists to return to us for training at least once a year, although we won't enforce this, we have placed this within the T&Cs so that if we feel it is necessary for a stylist to return to us (this would be as a result of customer complaints etc.) we can be sure that everyone is performing to the best of their ability. Similarly, the "minimum spend" clause has been added so that if a salon/ stylist is reported to us as not using the branded products in their treatments, we can ensure that they place an order and uphold the brand standards during every treatment. The amount of the spend is based on a full time stylist, we will not chase down or close memberships of stylists who are spending but not hitting this target (as long as regular orders are being placed - so don't worry, small salons and part time stylists will NOT be penalized). We have made these adjustments to the T&Cs in order to improve brand protection, as requested by many of our trained stylists. For any further questions please contact our brand protection team at [email protected]. Thanks, Team HD Brows x

Hi all, I've been intouch with HD Brows to clarify the new guidelines and this is thier reply. I'm sure this will put a lot of minds at rest...

We have changed the T&Cs to include slightly stricter rules to the HD Brows Membership Accounts for brand protection purposes only. We always encourage our stylists to return to us for training at least once a year, although we won't enforce this, we have placed this within the T&Cs so that if we feel it is necessary for a stylist to return to us (this would be as a result of customer complaints etc.) we can be sure that everyone is performing to the best of their ability. Similarly, the "minimum spend" clause has been added so that if a salon/ stylist is reported to us as not using the branded products in their treatments, we can ensure that they place an order and uphold the brand standards during every treatment. The amount of the spend is based on a full time stylist, we will not chase down or close memberships of stylists who are spending but not hitting this target (as long as regular orders are being placed - so don't worry, small salons and part time stylists will NOT be penalized). We have made these adjustments to the T&Cs in order to improve brand protection, as requested by many of our trained stylists. For any further questions please contact our brand protection team at [email protected]. Thanks, Team HD Brows x

Thank you for doing this. This is more then reasonable (not that I was worried about the t&c change that much anyway) but it should make lots of people happier x

Thank you for doing this. This is more then reasonable (not that I was worried about the t&c change that much anyway) but it should make lots of people happier x

You're welcome. I wasn't too worried either but it needed clarifying, and it seems a good way to filter out the ones that don't offer a full or good service.
Thumbs up to HD Brows 👍

I have sat on the fence throughout these posts. I have signed myself and my daughter up to do HD brows next week. I have thoroughly researched it, and put it off and put it off. I have emailed therapists who have done it and asked them privately if they were glad they did it, and they have all said yes they are glad. One therapist said "I don't feel like I have been ripped off". Yes, the training is expensive, but you get a kit with it, and we got a good deal for the 2 of us, so I am more than happy.

Sadly, like whispers, these things get blown out of proportion, and everyone jumps on the band wagon saying what a rip off they are. A few great points have been made, and it sounds like HD are trying to protect their brand.

I have also been the victim of a skincare company who moved the goal posts, and for a lot of these companies, having bad therapists is so damaging to the company name!

I personally can't wait to train!

Vicki x

If stylist were not using the branded products that would be not fair to the customer who is paying for the full service, (seems like some may be doing this) so I can understand them monitoring who would not be buying much, and stylists having to have a minimum spend. Also about the training, my chiropractor has to go on courses every year for a few thousand pounds in order to stay registered to perform his treatments. Clients paying a higher premium price for a service would expect top quality work. If a client complained the stylist should be informed so again clients get what they pay for, then the treatment is the same everywhere. I had it done and there were 'bits missed out' of the service and felt rushed.

I called them as I was worried with me just being a one person salon and I'm glad I did. The same as what RubyTues has said was told to me and now I am totally reassured. Best thing to do for anyone worried is not listen to all the Chinese whispers going on. Call or email them.
Vicki x

Last edited:
I can see where they're coming from - £150 every 3 months is not a lot in the grand scheme of things... If you're on the salon finder you should be doing enough treatments per week to need to buy this amount, and if you're not doing that many then maybe you need a refresher course because you're not being recommended by your clients to their friends... Yes it's a pain in the arse to lose a day or two's takings and travel/accommodation but your clients are paying for a high end brand, your skills should reflect this. Just my opinion! x

Latest posts

Back