HD Brows new brand guidelines

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It wouldn't be mini4mum but you have to spend 150 every 3 months plus vat which would be £640 plus £120 for training, that's before you've lost 2 days earnings, fuel, and hotel expense. Damn greedy

I've just thought did anyone else train a few years ago and pay to go on the salon finder? I paid said 1 off fee to be put on I've still got the receipt so I'm gonna see what they say about that tomorrow as surely once I've paid they can't change the rules like that!

Sent from my K00F using SalonGeek mobile app

I honestly feel for all of you , that invested into the HD brand. From the outset this has only been a money making venture (like any business). With brows the life spam was going to be very short lived, they knew that. So this was logically always going to be the next step. While the brand would not be recognized today with out all your promoting , the brand has no loyalty to yourselves. If any one thinks that the availability of HD products in department stores & QVC will not harm their sales then i believe you are wrong. Over the years i have seen this with a lot brands,and they normally come back to the therapists with their tail between their legs,after the big stores drop the brand. I wish you all luck xx

I've booked myself and my therapist on a hi brow course in September. Meanwhile I have been swithering about saving for HD instead. After reading this I am glad I didn't.

I tweeted HD brows saying how unimpressed I am and wont be doing their course, they called me today and left a voicemail, sen me two tweets and also an email

desperate?

still taking my money else where!

Tbh hd brows lost my interest when they let that ridiculous katie price do their training! Just proved the brand went down hill from there

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Tbh hd brows lost my interest when they let that ridiculous katie price do their training! Just proved the brand went down hill from there

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Sonita from corrie is their latest student. Ridiculous.

Had to jump in on this! I got this info the other day but didn't read it properly and like I always do.. Shove it straight in the bin. Iv just set up a salon and paid a lot of money to bring hd brows with me., didn't know we had to do all this now too! Very disappointed!

Sorry I don't do hd brows but was just thinking when you all trained with them did you not go into a contract with them etc so therefore they can't go back in their word ? X

I met Nilam las year at beauty uk and asked her if she could explain to me what was involved in the training and if it was any different to what I already do. Her answer was "well you are actually buying into the brand and students that have been on the course have said they learnt something new." Her words not mine. I wasn't convinced and it wasn't a good enough answer for me to go and spend over a thousand pound just to say I have trained in Hd brows.
I think the training is far too expensive for a therapist like myself who can wax, tint, pluck, thread etc already and has been doing for years.
I'm not saying it's not good, but it is ridiculously expensive and very cleverly marketed. ;)

I tweeted HD brows saying how unimpressed I am and wont be doing their course, they called me today and left a voicemail, sen me two tweets and also an email

desperate?

still taking my money else where!

Glam8babe,
What did they say when you said you were dissapointed, did they 'justify' why they have made these changes? X

I met Nilam las year at beauty uk and asked her if she could explain to me what was involved in the training and if it was any different to what I already do. Her answer was "well you are actually buying into the brand and students that have been on the course have said they learnt something new." Her words not mine. I wasn't convinced and it wasn't a good enough answer for me to go and spend over a thousand pound just to say I have trained in Hd brows.
I think the training is far too expensive for a therapist like myself who can wax, tint, pluck, thread etc already and has been doing for years.
I'm not saying it's not good, but it is ridiculously expensive and very cleverly marketed. ;)

I totally understand you're reason for thinking this. I too thought I was just buying into the brand, I waxed, tinted, and tweezed before training but my brows are now light years away from what they were.
Yes marketing is very good, that's why everyone asks for HD Brows 😀

I would be interested to know what they could "refresh" every 3 months 😳
I suspect less new blood are training and it's more about keeping profits up by squeezing existing clients.

I would be interested to know what they could "refresh" every 3 months 😳
I suspect less new blood are training and it's more about keeping profits up by squeezing existing clients.

It's just the order every 3 months, refresher is every 12 months ☺️ I think maybe every 2 years would be better personally.

I do not offer HD brows and have no intention of doing so, I believe other options out there are just as good. Having said that they are promoting and marketing it as a premium brand and are entitled to take the company the way they want it to go. My skincare company has brought in a minimum spend as well but after thinking about it, I can see their point. You want therapists representing your company as enthusiastic and getting the most out of it. How many dusty gone off products do you see in some salons with unmotivated staff not bothering with it - it does not do the salon or the image of the brand any good. It also puts up a barrier to those looking for a quick buck as they realise they have to invest in the brand and themselves to make a go of it. As long as expectations are not too steep it may well be a positive step and can be used as a differentiator between yourselves and non HD salons.

Glam8babe,
What did they say when you said you were dissapointed, did they 'justify' why they have made these changes? X

They left a voicemail saying they want me to ring them so they can answer any questions/concerns i have. I didnt bother ringing back ive just paid for a threading course now, don't fancy giving them over a grand plus paying for a hotel and travel fees for them to be expecting you to sell X amount in such n such time... it's a joke x

I do not offer HD brows and have no intention of doing so, I believe other options out there are just as good. Having said that they are promoting and marketing it as a premium brand and are entitled to take the company the way they want it to go. My skincare company has brought in a minimum spend as well but after thinking about it, I can see their point. You want therapists representing your company as enthusiastic and getting the most out of it. How many dusty gone off products do you see in some salons with unmotivated staff not bothering with it - it does not do the salon or the image of the brand any good. It also puts up a barrier to those looking for a quick buck as they realise they have to invest in the brand and themselves to make a go of it. As long as expectations are not too steep it may well be a positive step and can be used as a differentiator between yourselves and non HD salons.

The minimum spend isn't the big issue to be honest although it does seem like their trying to push out smaller therapists/salons. the problem is having to retrain once a year when they only have 2 training centres in the country so for most of us the cost will be extortionate! Also that they are screwing therapists over by selling through premium retailers something they said they'd never do! They already screw us over regularly by selling to the public for cheaper than we ever could!

Not so long ago their was issues with rebranding within 6 months at our own expense and make up products changing, products now cost more so we make less profit than we used to. retail prices on some products went up by £10 with no explaination. With all these changes we were basically told tough get on with it! So its a bit more complex than they've just brought in a minimum spend! X

The minimum spend isn't the big issue to be honest although it does seem like their trying to push out smaller therapists/salons. the problem is having to retrain once a year when they only have 2 training centres in the country so for most of us the cost will be extortionate! Also that they are screwing therapists over by selling through premium retailers something they said they'd never do! They already screw us over regularly by selling to the public for cheaper than we ever could!

Not so long ago their was issues with rebranding within 6 months at our own expense and make up products changing, products now cost more so we make less profit than we used to. retail prices on some products went up by £10 with no explaination. With all these changes we were basically told tough get on with it! So its a bit more complex than they've just brought in a minimum spend! X

I know it is more complex than a minimum spend issue. I do get what you are saying and they do appear to be going about it in a radical way. As I mentioned I have no desire to take it on myself as I feel there are other options out there without the expense. One of the initial things was what you mention - the cost of training and only 2 centres to go too, which immediately was a turn off for me.

However what I am trying to say is I can see the other side of it. I have had similar issues with my skincare company over the years but I stuck with it. I paid a lot to buy into it and they have changed so much -massive
price hikes, minimum order, now a certain spend expected in 90 days, only selling within strict guidelines to name a few and account closure if they suspected any slight breach of their policy - but in hindsight I am glad I have gone with the changes as only the more serious remain. So many moan on here about everyone and their mate being able to offer these treatments. The way some companies are doing business is changing and unfortunately they can impose what they like, ultimately they will do what they think best for the brand and not for your small local therapist. Time to go with the flow or ship out. Maybe with fewer genuine HD therapists their prices could rise as well as being more sought after.

An investment was made originally my therapists to train with HD Brows, it's so expensive!! Now they are expecting this....so glad I didn't fall into that trap!! I really feel for people who are going to loose money on refresher training, if they feel people need refreshing in HD treatment they should offer this free with £x amount spent on products. As a client I wouldn't be happy with salons being removed from the salon finder, I've referred to that plenty of times to avoid salons claiming to be doing HD Brows, now I won't be able to find some close by because they mightn't be able to attend a refresher course due to cost etc

I know I'm not in the 'brow' trade but had a very bad experience with HD brows by a trained therapist (VERY BAD) 2 years later are still on the salon finder.

I know it a ball ache to do a refresher course, but from as an example from hair we have 'colour experts' in salons some completed their course 15 years ago!

I agree it should be cheaper, maybe even update 'cluster classes' so all get together in one salon every 1/2 years in local areas for updates/ changes etc.

You may see it as a negative but think about it in the way that the brand can't be diluted.

If people are rubbish, don't buy the products, they will drop off the radar.

HD brows must have therapists that are crap, don't buy official products, trained yonks ago but still advertise as HD. This is a great way to filter these people out.

But 100% agree it should be done in a more gentle way.

Latest posts

Back