HDW online

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magentahair

Reaction score
HDWOnline Home Page
How can they sell colours sooo cheap? Do they not comply with EU regulations and would buying from them invalidate insurance?

nice thanks for the site is it real tho lol

I think they mean Hair COLOUR! How unprofessional!

Oh then we could use it couldn't we? Do we have to still pay vat tho thankssss

Yes prices are +vat, but the more u buy the less u get the tubes for, cheapest I've seen :)

well if theres nothing wrong with them i shall use it aswell whoop thank u x

Few things put me off already. Dyes? Training is partly covered. Pesponceve, can't spell responsive.some pages don't load and apparently its because I spelt it wrong?
Hair dressing supplies, should be hairdressing, the link is useless. No contact us page or map, no way to get hold of them if a problem occurred.

That's from a quick glance at their page.

Be wary, not a lot seems legitimate. Xoxo

Few things put me off already. Dyes? Training is partly covered. Pesponceve, can't spell responsive.some pages don't load and apparently its because I spelt it wrong?
Hair dressing supplies, should be hairdressing, the link is useless. No contact us page or map, no way to get hold of them if a problem occurred.

That's from a quick glance at their page.

Be wary, not a lot seems legitimate. Xoxo
By looking at their FB page it seems they have just had a new site built and may be a few glitches! Just don't get how they can sell at these low prices?! Xx

By looking at their FB page it seems they have just had a new site built and may be a few glitches! Just don't get how they can sell at these low prices?! Xx

Fakes? Salon closure sales? Stockist closure sales?

Or maybe the same way home bargains does. Supermarkets over order, realise they can't sell them, home bargains jumps in and buys them for a reduced rate and sells them lower to the customer.

Even if the site is new I don't trust that they can't get a hairdressers basics like colour, and no contact details? That should be the first thing they start with. Xoxo

I have been using hdw for a few years now. Was a bit concerned with my first order but just did a small one and used my credit card. Never had any problems with any of the products or their delivery. They are always quick to deliver and when they did leave of a tube of colour I just rang them and they posted it straight out to me. On their colour tubes the first language isn't English so they obviously buy it from abroad but apart from that I cant see any other difference. When I first used them they were just a small wholesalers i think but gradually they have increased the range of products they supply. According to their website they have also recently opened a store in Lincoln. Surely if they were dodgy they wouldn't have their own store. I admit their website at the moment isn't that clear, they have just recently been changing it and have had problems with it,according to their Facebook page, and they don't seem completely professional in all their wording but as long as you aren't relying on them for advice,but are just using them to buy stock that's at a good price then I think it's fine.

whats their facebook?

Facebook.com/hdwonline

What currency is that

I have been using hdw for a few years now. Was a bit concerned with my first order but just did a small one and used my credit card. Never had any problems with any of the products or their delivery. They are always quick to deliver and when they did leave of a tube of colour I just rang them and they posted it straight out to me. On their colour tubes the first language isn't English so they obviously buy it from abroad but apart from that I cant see any other difference. When I first used them they were just a small wholesalers i think but gradually they have increased the range of products they supply. According to their website they have also recently opened a store in Lincoln. Surely if they were dodgy they wouldn't have their own store. I admit their website at the moment isn't that clear, they have just recently been changing it and have had problems with it,according to their Facebook page, and they don't seem completely professional in all their wording but as long as you aren't relying on them for advice,but are just using them to buy stock that's at a good price then I think it's fine.

So pleased you happened to be here at just the right time to register and make your first post about this company and how good they are. "I think you must be genuinely here at just the right time to help us see this company is genuine.", said nobody, ever.

So pleased you happened to be here at just the right time to register and make your first post about this company and how good they are. "I think you must be genuinely here at just the right time to help us see this company is genuine.", said nobody, ever.

Lol. Good one x

Expected somebody to post that!! I have been a silent salon geeker for a while and love reading all the posts. Noticed the one tonight about hdw and just thought I would sign up to comment. I did wonder myself whether they were ok or not but took it that the tubes and packaging are wella so surely you are ok as far as insurance is concerned. Posted really just as much to see if anyone would tell me that they had looked into it and that you aren't covered if the products are from abroad as much as anything else.i only came across them one day when I googled ' best price for koleston perfect'. I wouldn't of ordered from them if they had been based abroad but just thought I'd give them a go when I saw them based in linconshire.

All tubes are UK compliant and will not invalidate any insurance. We get all our tubes from Wella itself but rather than buying a couple of thousand shades a time like other wholesalers we buy 10,000s which gets us a cheaper price

HDWOnline Home Page
How can they sell colours sooo cheap? Do they not comply with EU regulations and would buying from them invalidate insurance?

I just read through this thread I have bought Koleston from HDW with no problems, also bought from a large German wholesaler called All4Hair.com then they put their prices up and didnt offer discount, they are 4.99 plus vat.

I now buy from a local salon who buys massive amounts and sell them on to mobile stylists and other local salons for £5.50 including VAT. They will post out and also deliver for large quantities. Order over £100 and they are £5.25 including VAT with free delivery.
To check that they are real you can go on to a website called checkcosmetic.net key in Wella and put in the code that is stamped on the end of the box and also on the bottom of the tube the website links to most major beauty companies and it will then confirm a date of manufacture, so if it wasnt made by Wella it wont give a date, I checked the ones from HDW and from local supplier. Local supplier is Renaissance Hair & Beauty 01568 611616

Latest posts

Back