Head Massage Presentation!!! AHHHH HELP!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolly6410

Reaction score
hey geeks!

I've got a meeting to go to tomorrow, its for people who have lost their hair for various medical reasons and wear wigs, i have been invited along to talk about head neck and shoulder massage and do a demonstration, this sounded very easy and like a really good idea, until tonight when i've sat down and thought about what i'm going to say and now i'm coming out in sweats and praying to god!! I'm such a rubbish public speaker, what was i thinking?! what shall i talk about??? i get verbal diarrhea when i'm nervous so i'll proberly end up telling a room full of people my life story!

dont panic!!!

make a list of all the benefits to the massage

eg ; the physical aspects such as benefits to the bodily systems - circulation, lymphatic, endocrine etc and how that then relates to improving their condition

and the psychological benefits - increased parasympathetic nervous system stimulation - reduced stress etc!

demonstrate how easy it is to have it done - with oils or less invasive without oils and clothes on

hope it goes well! i had to do a few things like this for uni and it was the most nerve racking thing ever, but you will feel great after and hopefully help some people along the way !

dont panic!!!

make a list of all the benefits to the massage

eg ; the physical aspects such as benefits to the bodily systems - circulation, lymphatic, endocrine etc and how that then relates to improving their condition

and the psychological benefits - increased parasympathetic nervous system stimulation - reduced stress etc!

demonstrate how easy it is to have it done - with oils or less invasive without oils and clothes on

hope it goes well! i had to do a few things like this for uni and it was the most nerve racking thing ever, but you will feel great after and hopefully help some people along the way !

thank you so much, ive printed off a quick reminder sheet or the words will just get lost in my head, hopefully itll go ago n no one asks me questions that i dont know the answer to lol

Hi there,

I used to do a lot of talks and demos to WIs etc, and despite being a beauty lecturer these events always had me quaking beforehand!

My secret was: after a brief introduction, to turn the event into more of a discussion and a Question & Answer session. This really opened up the room and drew everyone in. It will make you feel more relaxed and you will talk about the treatment in a very natural way as questions come up, rather than struggling through a pre-prepared 'talk'. Your expertise and enthusiasm will shine through!

On the practical level, I used to break the demo into short sections ie shoulders and upper back, neck, head, face. This way you don't get panicked if you're trying to talk and remember your precise routine at the same time and it gives you a bit of a mental breather. (I don't mean do the shoulders and then all have a cup of tea. Just create a brief natural pause between sections to mentally regroup and give any specific info relating to that area).

I hope it goes well - it sounds like a fantastic idea and I'm sure you'll get an appreciative audience.

Annie
X

Have your notes beside you. There's no shame in having them nearby to remind you if you need them.

Also, once you are demonstrating on a person, you will come into own and talk as you go through each area and explain why you are doing it.

You will be fine!

hey! thanks for all your advice, it went really well :D luckily my client was there who had recommended me and she took me under her wing bless her, it was abit awquard because i'm used to this client that was there and shes very forward about wearing a wig and dosnt really care if people know, where as everyone else was very quiet and didnt like people to know, so no one wanted the demonstration done, but i enjoyed myself and it was really interesting, i didnt even realise half of them had wigs on they looked so natural and well suited to them

Latest posts

Back