Heard it all now

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lana-Jayne

Reaction score
Just needed a rant. Competitions rather fierce where I am at the moment. Lots of girls adverising nails for £10-£15, lots of clients wanting their nails done by them (obviously don't know better) it happens I know. But the comments I've read over the last few days made me grit my teeth.
I had someone leave a comment on my page asking to do her nails because she doesn't want them done cheap and wants them to last. One of these young girls then commented just because they're expensive doesn't mean their good quality.Mine are £15 and I have years of experience......MADE MY BLOODY BLOOD BOIL!!
Then read on this girl's post client asked for gel nails, girl replied I can do you gel but haven't got a lamp!!....err how can you do gel nails then?
And the best one.....client said she preffered gel as she's able to pick it off easier after a few weeks so the supposid nail tech replied...don't worry you'll be able to pick acrylic off in two weeks it will hurt a bit though!
Are these people for real!!Sorry Geeks just had to get it out!!

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek

Wow... That is awful. What a moron. Perhaps you should reply suggesting that making narky comments on someone else's fb page when she's clearly not got a clue is not only rude but also rather unprofessional!! Let people go to these idiots & be safe in the knowledge that you are good at what you do :)

Perhaps get someone to post a complimentary testimonial for peoplejust to press the issue and prove your point that you rock lol :)

And post an article showing pictures of damaged nails from bad techs. Saw someone do it the other day, made a good impact I think x

Loving everything nails!!

Do you know, I'm glad we did not have the Internet or Facebook when I was in my salons.

First we made our reputation by being bloody good and attentive to what we did. We knew how to work and we knew how to treat clients. We were too damned busy to have any time to spend all day on the Internet watching what others were doing! :eek:

Keep your dignity and do not respond to this childishness. Get on with your own business. You are a big enough person not to retaliate aren't you? And put your prices up ... 15 is a ridiculous price for an experienced technician to be charging, I don't care what area you are in. It is because you are in amongst this 'cheap' bracket of workers that you are even getting this hassle. If your work is a cut above the rest then charge a good cut above the rest.

I havent replied to the comments she is not worth my time and Geeg my prices are higher than £15 a set that's what she wrote on a clients comment.sorry didn't make that very clear. I follow the advice on here I've paid for my training and I use professional products so I do charge more than these £10 a set girls!a lot more x

I havent replied to the comments she is not worth my time and Geeg my prices are higher than £15 a set that's what she wrote on a clients comment.sorry didn't make that very clear. I follow the advice on here I've paid for my training and I use professional products so I do charge more than these £10 a set girls!a lot more x

:Love: glad you are not amongst the cheapies!

Certainly not my time is too valuable and I feel my prices reflect my work! The part about telling the client to pick off acrylic was what narked me the most not bashing me!I have a good reputation with my clients. It just amazes me how these girls are always so busy!!

I've got to say, bad, cheap therapists will always get clients, because the clients don't know any better. What they might not get is too many repeat bookings. I have so many (often young) girls asking if I can help grow their nails because they have been ruined by poor treatments, poor removal and rubbish products. Often gel (that is actually l&p) and loads of filing. I'm so excited to start with my Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel - a little extra help for them!!!

Certainly not my time is too valuable and I feel my prices reflect my work! The part about telling the client to pick off acrylic was what narked me the most not bashing me!I have a good reputation with my clients. It just amazes me how these girls are always so busy!!

How do you know they are really busy? If they are it is because stupid people attract other stupid people to them just like smart people with standards attract smart people with standards. Maybe there are more stupid people than smart people with standards!! :green:

I agree, You get what you attract and cheap attract cheap.

Where I live I once saw a program on TV about saving money and they said there was almost no difference between getting the nails done and ordering on amazon and doing them yourself.

I was so mad I wrote them and told them that was so not the case. They have in a later show told it was an error.

Some people can project being busy and think that makes them more important but not really have a load to do.

I am so glad you are not among those who compromise themselves.

I wasn't suggesting you pick a fight with her by the way ;)just thought what she said seemed very childish and unprofessional. I agree about the removal thing, shocking really!! Hope you get no more bother from her & as long as your clients are happy then you can be too! X

Loving everything nails!!

I don't want to hi-jack the thread but thought i share an experience which is very similar to yours, that i had.

i used to work in a salon in town that was just awful. By that i mean they hired staff that they knew were not trained or insured, even had a member of staff once that came in whilst i was halfway through a leg wax on a client to ask if she could take money out the till for fags! Needless to say he day after i left. I was very professional about it and wished them luck in the future. For about 3 months after that i got threats from them both via text messages and even whilst walking through town with my son one day! Anyway, i had a person write on my facebook asking to book in with me and the salon owner got one of their employees to write on there and get the customer to go to them instead. They said that i wasnt actually qualified or insured and that they sacked me because i stole things! Also that they would do this person nails for only £10.00.

Obviously i was fuming BUT i simply posted a comment along the lines of " it is not common nor good business practice to poach other peoples clients, if anyone would like to see my certificates or insurance documents then id be happy to show them, that no client should ever feel any pressure to go to a particular salon and that usually you get what you pay for."

The client still ended up booking with them, which was fine by me because not even a week after she came back to me asking me to fix them!

This salon has done all they can to ruin me and i hear the things they say all the time but it doesnt bother me because my business is booming, i have loyal customers and the new ones that have come to me after going there always rebook. :lol:

Like geeg says... concentrate on YOU, ignore the haters and the low lives offering stupid prices because eventually they will fail (this salon is now really struggling to get any business and offering 30 min back massage, full set of nails, individual lashes all for £10.00!)

Sorry to hog the thread. X

It's so true. The energy you put out is exactly what you get (maybe even ten fold), don't waste a second anymore on the past and like the posts above have said, focus on you and your SUCCESSFUL future because you are the bigger person and smart good people will attract each other so chin up and smile big my dear
Hug ;)

Thanks geeks. This is exactly why I love this forum!x

I know the feeling there is a girl on Facebook in my area offering gelish for just £9.50! I can't believe it. I have a few of her x clients now who say she hurt them during removal when she buffed the gelish off :Scared:
My Facebook bookings have been really slow lately and I'm sure the girls offering cheep nails are the reason. But I am getting plenty of bookings thro recommendations which are better people wanting quality work not cheep nails :)

What a poopy head! If someone ever commented like that when I posted a question to a particular place that I had chosen I would give them my mind, but being a customer its ok, I would also put the person/place that commented to the back of the list.
I also don't like the idea of business's commenting on my status updates and would disregard them as a potential place to go.

It makes me laugh there is no nettegete about no more, and although I don't do nails, there is too many cheap one day and less courses now that anyone can be "qualified" in nails or extensions.
Just remember there are people like myself who would never go to a beauty salon for my nails done unless they were fully qualified in all other aspects of beauty too. And I would like to think that others would prefer a fully qualified stylist to an extensionist only or a colourist. Xoxo

Latest posts

Back