Heart nails, gel, Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelliewoowoo

Reaction score
Hi geeks!
These nails always pop up on my Pinterest, how the heck are they done as I love them and want them lol xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1378114459.871311.jpg

Oh that is stunning. I would like to know myself :)

I imagine the shape is cut out of tape or a sticker is placed the red is painted & cured & then the sticker/tape removed & either just top coat or a very natural colour is painted in the heart :)
Looks great!

I would do these with shellac with a pale base maybe grapefrit sparkle or cake pop then go over with a red and carve out the hearts flash curing each time so as to save the heart.

I saw a tutorial on this but it was the opposite way. They cut a heart out of the tape, stuck the tape on the nail and sponged the heart on. I guess this is the heart stuck on instead of the hole :)

I would do a base colour in a nude, then cure, do the rest colour and before curing wipe off the heart in the middle with a brush and whatever cleanser you use with your system, then cure then perhaps do the same again for a deeper colour, then cure and topcoat and cure?

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1378141688.758621.jpg
I did these by carving out the heart with a small brush damp with cleanse then after I just outlined in black but obviously you don't have to. I imagine you could do the same but with a base colour underneath =)

I usually paint clearly pink underneath. Use a small detail brush and draw the outline of the heart then fill in the edges. Much quicker and less product used 😊 x

Latest posts

Back