Heartbreak is the worst

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephib

Reaction score
It's not normally like me to post something like this, I just feel I have to get it out somewhere! Me and my boyfriend of 3 years split up yesterday and I'm absolutely gutted. I feel as if I just want to hide away, my life is going to be so different now and I don't know how to cope with it. Please tell me it gets easier!!!

Aw I know it doesn't feel like it but it will get easier x
Try and surround yourself with friends and family rather than hiding yourself away. They are the best people to support you x

It's not normally like me to post something like this, I just feel I have to get it out somewhere! Me and my boyfriend of 3 years split up yesterday and I'm absolutely gutted. I feel as if I just want to hide away, my life is going to be so different now and I don't know how to cope with it. Please tell me it gets easier!!!

I carnt imagine how you are feeling right now because I don't know where I would be without my other half! I struggle with depression.. I know it's not the same as splitting up with someone you love but I go through really bad times where I just want to shut myself away and cry!

All I can say is that's the worst thing to do. Surround yourself with positivity keep busy and have your friends and family around you. When I split up from an ex I never ever though I would be happy again but 4 years on I'm engaged and the happiest I've ever been. So it does get easier! Right now you need to try stay positive try and arrange things so you have things to look forward to.

Don't give up! There's always people out there that will support you every step of the way. Keep smiling hun xxx

It is horrible the most awful pain,but something that everyone goes through and gets through.

Its a cliche saying but it does get better and you will be ok and you will be happy again.You just have to do a day at a time at the moment.

Waking up is horrible because it will hit you but do something positive each day,keep yourself occupied don't mope around too much,do a course,get fit,join a club,do something new.

Most of all don't seek out what that person is up to on social networks,don't expose yourself to emotional torture and just believe and know that what you feel now will not last and you will meet someone else who will probably be much better for you.There must have been bad things in the relationship think of them don't exaggerate the good.

It does get easier. Though right now you won't feel that, or accept it. I've been where you are several times. One in particular was horrendous, and I never thought I'd recover. But I did. And you will. The pain comes and goes, up and down. Ride with it. It gets easier.

It does get easier, and though it may not feel like it at the time I promise you it does. I know how you're feeling I was with one of my ex's for three and a half years and one morning I woke up to him being in a awful mood, and eventually he started a argument that ended with him turning around saying it was over... the flat was in his name, his mortgage EVERYTHING and I just had to pack up all of the stuff I had there as I hadn't fully moved everything in yet and go back home.
Waking up the next day was awful, it felt so wrong and the fact he worked two doors down from my work was even worse cos seeing him walk pass was horrible.. it took me a good while to let go and move on, it's been two years since we split and though I've had relationships since then nothing ever worked and I honestly wanted to give up but I've met someone new now and things have been going great for a long time and I also found myself loving someone again and I have to admit, the serious side to the relationship is fairly new it hasn't been long since we both admitted our true feelings and I will admit that it does scare me cos I'm worried of feeling that heartbreak again specially with a lot of things going on and getting in the way lately but I'm trying to put the past behind me and allow myself to be happy and loved again.

It's going to take time, no one can say how long because we're all different but you're not alone. Take each day as it comes, smile when you wanna smile and don't ever feel bad about it just because you think you should be hurting twenty four seven - cos that is what I did, let people be there for you, go out have fun, have a laugh, cry when you wanna cry.

I so appreciate the kind words. I have been through it before but somehow I've forgotten what's it's like, maybe this time is just worse. I haven't told any of my friends or family yet as it just happened yesterday and I guess I thought that would make it real. All of this alongside the fact that I am struggling to get my business off the ground - I opened my own salon 3 months ago but I don't feel in the right frame of mind to give it what it needs even though I know I need to.

I so appreciate the kind words. I have been through it before but somehow I've forgotten what's it's like, maybe this time is just worse. I haven't told any of my friends or family yet as it just happened yesterday and I guess I thought that would make it real. All of this alongside the fact that I am struggling to get my business off the ground - I opened my own salon 3 months ago but I don't feel in the right frame of mind to give it what it needs even though I know I need to.

Well now is a good time to throw yourself into your business and make it a success.You might feel awful but that's the thing that can actually help.You just need to get yourself in the right state of mind.

I agree with Gillian, try and concentrate on your business and it might just take your mind off things a little bit. From experience I think some heartbreaks are worse than others but they do all fade away over time. I had my heart broken after a whirlwind romance 7 years ago (omg is it that long?!) and for years all I thought about was him and I compared every other man to him. I can honestly say that the last year or so I still think about him often but I don't feel that heart wrenching pain and I don't long to be with him any more. Infact I don't care! The ultimate test was searching for him on Facebook, I knew if I could do that then I was well and truly over him - and I was :D

I'm not suggesting you do that yet though! Just take some time to look after yourself, treat yourself if you feel like it and recover at your own pace. I wouldn't recommend rushing into the arms of someone else either, been there done that :o

Sending hugs :hug:

When the love of my life dumped me, around the same time my mother died, I was self employed. It was a double whammy. Lost my mum, lost him. I had no choice but to work. It was hell. Pure hell. But....you can do it. You must. For you. Try to focus. Lean on your friends and family. Talk about it, cry, then start to plan your life ahead. Because you do have one.

Thanks all! I know life does go on, just nobody wants to feel this pain do they. I need to find a way to pick myself up and focus try and put my energy into positive things!

Latest posts

Back