Heated Mittens Question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pirate Sarah

Reaction score
Hello!!

I bought some of these the other week and love 'em!!! :D

The only thing is it says on the instructions not to use them on people with poor circulation....unless special care is taken.

Can anyone tell me what I should be doing in these circumstances as it doesn't say?

Thanks

Sarah
xxx

Hiya,

I think the reason for this is that someone with poor circulation may not be able to judge if the mitts got too hot and could be more at risk of getting burnt.

I'd have thought if you didn't heat them to max, and checked them yourself (bear in mind if you are naturally warm or cold) to ensure they don;t feel too hot, and keep a check on your clients hands whilst using them you should be OK. Obviously, it depends on the individual how severe any loss of feeling may be.

I have poor circulation, and personally really like treatments with heated mitts or booties as they get me warm for once - but I am able to still judge if they are too hot.

also ... just something ive noticed .... i find that if i place the clients hand into the mitts before i turn them on (i always use them on low setting, nothing higher) i find they are fine as they gently warm up.

If i put the mitts on before placing clients hands in, then they really feel the heat and it can be a bit of a shock rather than gently warming up

hope this was clear and helps

kx

Bryony said:
Hiya,

I think the reason for this is that someone with poor circulation may not be able to judge if the mitts got too hot and could be more at risk of getting burnt.

I'd have thought if you didn't heat them to max, and checked them yourself (bear in mind if you are naturally warm or cold) to ensure they don;t feel too hot, and keep a check on your clients hands whilst using them you should be OK. Obviously, it depends on the individual how severe any loss of feeling may be.

I have poor circulation, and personally really like treatments with heated mitts or booties as they get me warm for once - but I am able to still judge if they are too hot.

Thanks! thats really helped! :)

xxx

Latest posts

Back