Heeellllppppp!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perfect pinkies

Reaction score
Hello to all :biggrin: ive got a bit of a problem with my natural nails and was hoping you wonderful ladies could help me. I have acrylic abused my nails for the past year and a bit and now they are so thin its like they dont even exist!
they are sensitive to hot water ( oh close to tears!) and the nail bed itself is very red :sad: its all self inflicted im afraid. What do you suggest? shall i put a thin layer of gel over the top to shield them slightly- they are so sore or shall i be wise and leave them to get better all by themselves?
any help would be greatly appreciated by me and my abused and sad nails.

i think i'd be inclined to go for the natural aproach, if you do the gel and then end up chipping it, you'll have to file at it and might end up in a worst situation in the long run. if you apply cuticle oil about 4 times a day and take a few minutes to massage it in, you'll be suprised how quickly the new nails will grow through. when i was training i mashed my nails removing a bodged gel set and the oil did wonders for me, you just have to be patient !

thank you anglfingers, i thought that the oil was a good idea but just wanted to check. mega thanx xx

I would suggest the Fabric# route...............
A thin layer of fibreglass or Silk.............
This will protect the natural nail from tearing at the free edge.........
and will protect the nailplate and take the ouch factor out of it.........
Solar oil daily and a bit of TLC and they soon will have grown out........

If you want to go the natural route then Toughen up and Solar oil is my advise...
JMHO

well i always find with my nails that if i massage (and i mean deep massage!) a good hand cream or cuticle oil into the skin surrounding the nail every day, it speeds up the growth of my nail. So you could try this to help them grow faster so you have beautiful nails again! I think it helped my nails grow quicker because it increased the circulation/blood flow to the area where the nails grow from...er i think!!!!

i agree with ruth
if you use a fibreglas/silk system as gel would hurt like hell under the uv light and quick shrinkage.
and you will have protection from bangs and knocks.
i used to mutilate my own nails...........didnt have the patience to soak them off....................and over filing of beginners bricks lol
but i have learnt now ....if only we practised what we preached eh ;)

If you think you're going to be a good girl and not pick at any more product you put on the nail, then go with Ruth and Joanne and protect them with wraps. But if like me you can't resist having a good old pick off session the try Nailtiques. They do an after artificial kit (rrp £25), which has 2 bottles of formula.

Bottle A is very mild and is for putting the condition back into those poorly nails. Once you have finished this bottle (about 6 weeks later) switch to bottle B, this is for getting the strength back into them and again lasts about 6 weeks. It also comes with a pot of cuticle and skin gel to condition your cuticles.

But I feel for you hun, cos as you're picking at it you know you shouldn't be doing it, but the devil just takes over lol!!

Latest posts

Back