Hello and help, wax coverage!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunnyday58

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to the site and new to waxing too. Just completed speedwaxing course with Kim Lawless and will be doing the ladies intimate and brow design courses in January :biggrin.

At the moment I am practising on my brave 3 teenage daughters and soon their friends before I open my home run business. I'm using PR waxes - no probs with Euroblonde but my Cristal Ocean won't go on thin enough (I didn't seem to have the problem when I was training). It seems to be setting about half way down the leg and won't spread or glide easily. Am experimenting with spatulas, wooden ones are fine for small areas (have ordered some larger ones to try). Metal ones seem to be smaller than the ones I trained with and I can't seem to get enough product on the larger areas. Best so far is the big plastic spatula I just ordered from Berins. That is better with product load (actually a bit too generous so have to scrape some off) but I still seem to have areas where it sets quick and thick. Perhaps it's too cold at the mo - should I turn my heat up a bit? Don't want to burn anyone though! Maybe it's because I'm inexperienced and just need to keep on practising. Feel that I can't open up shop until I get this one sorted.

I've also ordered a tin of Berins ease to try. Does anyone know what temperature to use for it (I have a Hive digital)?

Thank you for any advice for a newbie :Love:

Are your clients cold? You may find that if their skin is cold and you aren't working quickly enough the wax may be setting before you have finished applying.

Yes I agree. The body gets colder further down, so make sure you apply a little more oil (don't forget the feet).

Buy large metal spats. Re-read your manual but just to remind you, turn the Cristal Ocean on full heat for 20 mins then down to 69 or No.3 and let it cool to the right temp.

It should be so thin that it looks like oil on the leg. Call me if you have a problem. 07739 832 328. Client due now and fully booked tomorrow and Sat, so Monday is good. x

How old is your wax pot? sometimes the heating settings on them can go a bit dodgy if they are quite old, failing that it may be the clients skin is too cold. We haveto use room heaters in the winter months, usually only first thing though as the rooms tend to heat up with the clients body heat and when the wax has been on a while...

Im assuming as you are new to waxing that its a new wax heater so Im sure that the heater is fine. I have my heaters for years and they are still going strong...

As Kim said its just getting your wax at the right temperature and it will be a lot easier to you. I also use Cristal ocean and I also find that it has to be very thin to work best.

Good luck

Hi,

Just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone for replying - I feel well looked after:)!

Will pick on one of my daughters tomorrow and try to make sure they are warm!! Must be a problem of the job in the winter. Have got metal spatulas but perhaps they were not the large ones - I guess you live and learn:eek:

Have new wax pot (Hive dual digital) so really don't think it's that. Think I'm probably a bit slow with the application - removal is getting better but I have really loaded wax strips so I have to use alot. I'm determined though so I'll just keep practising, practising, practising!

Thanks again xxx

Well here's the results of the weekend: experimented with the Berins ease. Had no problems with it setting and got good coverage. Also the experience was less like a battle with an aggressive mozzarella cheese :) (Am still newbie though!) Speed was better though I really must be more methodical - it's funny how you somehow forget all those things that you KNOW you should have done until after you've finished lol. Oh well back to more practise. Am going to try the Berins blue as my daughter found Euroblonde too hot even though I'd turned it down 2 degrees on the pot - maybe I could have turned it down more. I think Berins heats at a lower temperature.

Happy waxing all xxx

Latest posts

Back