Hello salon geeks! I'm the newbie here and need advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swhistler

Reaction score
Hi :)

I'm hoping to gain some insight and advice from you all, I would love to start my own business. I am very aware that it's very costly and can not always work out and that the first 1-2 years are the hardest. I'm qualified as a level 2 beauty therapist including tanning and level 3 in media make up and would love to incorporate it all in to one salon!

Recently a family relative decided to open a similar kind of thing and asked for me to come on board as salon manager as they had the funding, I did a lot of research and came up with lots of ideas to do with marketing, costs of equipment, product types, finding out our competition etc. as well as insurance, staff wages and even found someone for payroll! Unfortunately this didn't end up going ahead due to personal reasons (on their side) and now I'm back to square one!! I would love to do this but want to know how realistic it could be for me.

My question is, how much would you roughly need to start out? £10,000? More?! I have a friend who could potentially be a partner and provide funding and is also a beauty therapist. Does everyone go to the bank to get a loan and if so, would you need to pay back in a matter of months?

Should I do a management course first whilst saving?

Would appreciate any advise from you :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back