Help a newbie out?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinkerbelle1990

Reaction score
Hey!

Currently training in l&p and i'm practising my sculpting for an exam thats coming up. Did a set of pink and whites on myself tonight but i've noticed that two of the nails have dark spots in the white.
I tried to upload a picture but it says im not allowed!

Any idea what could cause this? Could it lift from the free edge? How can i avoid this in future? I carried out all my prep steps like i've been taught. Really worried i'm not going to pass the exam next week!

Thank you in advance and sorry for being a pain! xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Didn't want to read & run but any chance you can try again to upload a pic? Perhaps off your phone or pc, or into your albums? X

It would help to have a better description of 'dark spots' and what it really looks like. Could be anything from mix varying mix ratios to brush contamination or specks of file grit! What colour are the dark spots? What size?

Thank you for taking time out of your day to reply, have attached a picture of the worst nail. As you can see near the (less than perfect) smile line, there's a darker bit. Hope one of you can shed some light on this!

Sorry the picture is a bit blurry :/

Attachments

• Bad nail.jpg
    Bad nail.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 209
Are these a natural nail overlay or have you used a tip to extend the length?

Either way, it looks to me as if you have filed the white off through to the nail or the tip, rather than it being discoloured. Thank you for posting it.

No tip, It was my first go at sculpting :) Oh ok makes sense thank you! Think I'd be better taking the length right down the next time. Thank you for your help :)

Are these a natural nail overlay or have you used a tip to extend the length?

Either way, it looks to me as if you have filed the white off through to the nail or the tip, rather than it being discoloured. Thank you for posting it.

No tip, It was my first go at sculpting :) Oh ok makes sense thank you! Think I'd be better taking the length right down the next time. Thank you for your help :)

You do not need to do that. What you need to do when sculpting, is to make the product at your smile line thick enough so that you can smooth and finish without removing it completely.

I'll do that then :) thank you for the advice!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back