Help! advise on setting up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hayles_u

Reaction score
Hi there everyone, I'm new to this game..
I'm soon to be setting up my own beauty/ holistic salon in the early months of next year, has anyone got any brilliant advice to give me?!

Many thanks.
Hayley x

Yes, I have.
Work very hard, research your market, don't get too ambitious too soon, provide the very best service possible, market your business EVERYWHERE.

Give it 100%, and don't give up!!!!

You say you're new to this game, how new are you? what is your background in the industry?

Good luck chuck, let us know how it goes!!
XX

Thanks guys! I will never give up, very prepared for that!
Can you tell me what skin products you guys use for facials and such like? I'm thinking of sourcing my nail products from CND and have been in contact with them. Any products in particular you recommend for anything?
xx

I use Fake Bake for manually applied tan - doesn't go orange and is a great treatment for the body.
I use SwissDermyl for my facials and skincare range. It's fab!
I use Creative for my manis and pedis, and Cozmetic Lab for my makeup range.
I use Callus Peel for horrid heels. Blinc mascara, eyeliner and lash primer. Flexitol for heel and hand balm, and will shortly be introducing Sara Happ for the lip scrub and lip slip.

Thanks for that!
Has anyone ever used the hive of beauty product range, in particular their solutions range? If so, any good? x

welcome to geek.

as the questions you are asking have been discussed already, I would suggest that you use the SEARCH button option in the blue taskbar above. Type in keywords and you will find all of these questions with ready made answers.

hi-personally i wouldn't use anything in the salon that i wouldn't use myself and i wouldn't use hive. i use eve taylor. there is no minimum order and it's a lovely range. also it's cheaper to buy in salons than on the net so more people are encouraged to buy it from you. you need to play around and find products that you like. i use 3 different tanning solution-fake bake, celebrity secrets and coco bay.
you need to shop about for everything and don't get tempted into buying things cos someone offers you a great deal. lots of people offer 'great deals' and most of them are not so great. also it so easy to overspend when setting up cos everything looks so good and you get tempted. give yourself a budget and stick to it!
good luck with your new venture.

Hi, Have you done a written business plan? How long have you been working? I'm in the US and am not familiar with UK options. But business is business. If you have a dream and a vision than a good business plan is the road map. In the States our colleges have business centers that will help entrepreneurs with plans for free. Having your plan in writing helps organize your thoughts and will sometimes make things stand out good and not so good. It will help you better use your energy for the things that you need and not waste it on thing that can wait. Good Luck.

Please dont think i'm being rude here because i'm not but I would personally not be opening a salon without a bit more experience with the products that i would want to be using. I dont think that you are going to get the info you need by asking geeks on here what the products are like. You need to get hold of some and use them on yourself to get a better understanding of what they are like hun.
One thing i will say is to invest in a roller wax system, you can get them from hive and they save so much time for waxing the legs.
Good luck, i hope it all goes well for you!
xxx

Thanks everyone!
Hope a good christmas was had by all xx

Latest posts

Back