HELP!Artistic Colour Gloss Wrinkling!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailed It

Reaction score
Hi all you Colour Gloss Lovers....

I have been struggling with a few of the colours - only the matte colours that have no glitter or shimmer in it. I have been getting some wrinkling!! I have been applying it sooooo super thin but even a little bit of it sometimes wrinkles! the Mocachino, Uptown and All the Rage has done this! I am using a UV lamp still waiting for the LED lamp to arrive. Anyone have any suggetions?? or what I am doing wrong?

Also any suggestion in the French Application of Colour gloss?? I have Purithy White and Lovely to use, have not attempted it yet. Any tips??

Thanks

Hi all you Colour Gloss Lovers....

I have been struggling with a few of the colours - only the matte colours that have no glitter or shimmer in it. I have been getting some wrinkling!! I have been applying it sooooo super thin but even a little bit of it sometimes wrinkles! the Mocachino, Uptown and All the Rage has done this! I am using a UV lamp still waiting for the LED lamp to arrive. Anyone have any suggetions?? or what I am doing wrong?

Also any suggestion in the French Application of Colour gloss?? I have Purithy White and Lovely to use, have not attempted it yet. Any tips??

Thanks

Hi there,

I can't help you with the wrinkling as I've not had this problem at all. I also use a UV lamp.

I can talk you through my french though, which I was taught by the lovely Sarah who is on here somewhere!

I do my foundation, then my pink and cure. Then I remove the sticky layer from the tip, where I want the white to be. Then I apply my white, I apply with a fine brush from the sides into the middle. Then I take abrush, dip it in the Cleanse, wipe it of and tidy up my smile lines and cure. Then you can do whatever you want to finish, another coat of pink or just top coat. I'm finding the Purity a bit too sheer so am generally doing two coats... does that help at all?

Have you checked the bulbs in your lamp? Wrinkles occur when it undercures. So that means either you are applying too thick or your lamp is not curing it properly. HTH

Hi, i had wrinkles as well when use i Java Java but then i tried to make it thinner and didn't have them then. I applied thin layers almost transperent and had great results.

I'd go super duper thin and do 3 coats if necessary. For French either do as Ladygray has detailed or you could use a dotting tool for the White which tends to make it look brighter White than a brush as the brush applies it thinner. Hth

You are applying them too thickly. Mocachino is a dense colour and has to be applied in thin layers.

Thank you everyone!!! Yes have discovered super duper thin layers are the trick!! I just can't wait for my led lamp to arrive!

Have done the French with lovely and purity and it was perfect:)

Thanks for all the advise!

Latest posts

Back