Help! Bleached hair to highlights

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lm27

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have a new client who has a full head bleach. She wants to go back to highlights with maybe some soft lowlights about a 7 possibly an 8. She's about a base 6. Can you advise me on how to attack this job. I am going to do a lot of bleach foils and only break it up slightly through the top with a lowlight but as her hair is so white, I'll have to pre pig each foil section? How can I achieve this in the easiest way? Would I possible have to work with a 9% on her root and 6% or even 3% on the ends but again I'm worried about how I pre pig? I also work with gold well colour so any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks

Hi everyone, I have a new client who has a full head bleach. She wants to go back to highlights with maybe some soft lowlights about a 7 possibly an 8. She's about a base 6. Can you advise me on how to attack this job. I am going to do a lot of bleach foils and only break it up slightly through the top with a lowlight but as her hair is so white, I'll have to pre pig each foil section? How can I achieve this in the easiest way? Would I possible have to work with a 9% on her root and 6% or even 3% on the ends but again I'm worried about how I pre pig? I also work with gold well colour so any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks
Goldwell do a readymade lowlight level 6-7. 7-8 in warm or cool/ash I use it its great lasts well too. Other colour brands do there own version I think.

If she is a full head bleach....where are the highlights going????

I did something similar a couple of week's ago.
BLEACHED hair and ROOTY!:eek:
Did a root stretch with INOA 7 + OLAPLEX...(her natural base was a 7)
Weaved large meches, and painted on tint, letting the smaller weave remain untouched (bleached).
At basin, toned with dialight to get a softer reflect on the bleached hair....
Finished with OLAPLEX No.2!

Attachments

• 20151023_183241 (2).jpg
    20151023_183241 (2).jpg
    951.5 KB · Views: 117
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1447112931.344209.jpg

I did this about a month ago now, client was full bleach and wanted to go back to highlights and have low lights to break it up a bit, I highlighted her roots explaining she would have a darker root but the lowlights should blend it more, I used a goldwell 8gb for the lowlight, she was happy with the result X

Start with 7.5%(equal parts 9%+6%) on the root for top section through mid-sides then switch to 9% for the rest of foils. Do the lolites 1 to every 3 bleach foils@ 50/50 7N+7Gold

View attachment 191944
I did this about a month ago now, client was full bleach and wanted to go back to highlights and have low lights to break it up a bit, I highlighted her roots explaining she would have a darker root but the lowlights should blend it more, I used a goldwell 8gb for the lowlight, she was happy with the result X
So you used 8gb on its own? This is the exact look I'm looking for ?? & no pre pig?

Start with 7.5%(equal parts 9%+6%) on the root for top section through mid-sides then switch to 9% for the rest of foils. Do the lolites 1 to every 3 bleach foils@ 50/50 7N+7Gold

If she's already full head bleach, why would you suggest using 9% for the rest of the foils?

Surely you're depositing colour not lifting?

If she's already full head bleach, why would you suggest using 9% for the rest of the foils?

Surely you're depositing colour not lifting?
Because her base is 6 so to achieve anything lighter I would need to use it on her root no? & the deposit the colour on the mid & lengths?

Thank yuo so much for your replies everyone. I've been out of hairdressing for 2 years that's why I'm a little rusty & this is one of my first jobs so I just wanted to clarify a couple of things. Really appreciate your posts.

If she's already so light just touch up the root with the bleach and add a nice level 7 lowlight to break it up. I would do weave bleach, weave bleach and than lowlight and repeat!

If she's already so light just touch up the root with the bleach and add a nice level 7 lowlight to break it up. I would do weave bleach, weave bleach and than lowlight and repeat!
Thanks for the reply & yeah I understand that bit but the question I'm asking is would you pre pigment the 7 lowlight parts before applying the 7 straight onto bleached hair & if so how do you do it in foils

Thanks for the reply & yeah I understand that bit but the question I'm asking is would you pre pigment the 7 lowlight parts before applying the 7 straight onto bleached hair & if so how do you do it in foils
No you don't have to pre pigment it, the blonde should grasp it perfectly!

Latest posts

Back