Help! Blending two colour pre bonded/micro ring hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rose20

Reaction score
Hiya all!
Need help! How would I blend in two different colour hair extensions without giving the major streaky look?
Thanks I'm advance! Xxx

I usually do a row of each colour depending on how the hair is coloured sometimes I scatter the colours it all depends xx

Are you doing prebonded or micro rings

Both. X
Thank you xxx

i was going to say if your doing micro rings you could order wefts the colour of your clients hair and bond the colours into one bond to make a stick tip.

I pretip all my own hair so I just customise the bonds to what colours are in the clients hair, I find it easier to do it this way.

Lancashire you are ever so clever I gave up With the tipping even after buying your protectors for my fingers. I get frustrated easily and lost my patience! I wish I could tip as fast/neat as you xx

Ps love your fb page

I alternate strand by strand usually using two or three colours if necessary, I find it blends really well as its strand by strand rather than two to one or two to three etc. hth xx

When you start to tip your own hair you need to have lots of patience and I remember when I first started to tip it took me ages, I have got it down to a fine art now and can basically do it with my eyes shut. Why no thave another bash!!
I am trying to sort out a video for you tube but havent got round to it yet as I have been so busy.

Depending on the shades, side by side alternating shades can look streaky, in my experience! But it depends on the clients hair, if it's highlighted a lot, I just match each strand, not following a particular order, this gives the most natural look.

I had a client who was a #2 for 3/4 of her head and a #4 on the top layer, so I just did rows of #2 for most of her was then the last few rows I did in the #4. Was a perfect mix.

But yeh, depends entirely how the tones are mixed in the clients own hair x

I normaly just do it randomly, one row may only have two diff strand colours another row may have 5 and so on. Gives it a very natural look as its not one to one ect.

Thanks so much ladies! You've all given me a confidence boost! Xxx

I use a razor to thin out the colours so they blend. For example if I had black with a crazy colour through I thin out the extensions from the middle so the ends blend well in to the black and don't look like big stripes and I do the same if I had a mixture of blondes/browns x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

if its pre bonded glue i usually mix the 2 colours in together by melting thr glue and then splitting them again..pretty messy but after a while its not too bad...

Latest posts

Back