Help! Blue frosting.. And changing their mind..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

halohanks

Reaction score
Hiya all, I have a client (Natural base 7) who always changes her mind! She always used to have pre-lightener highlights... then she diced she want ed some red flashes which i very subtly did next day she rang and asked me to take them out which i did! Now this time instead of full head of highlight she wanted an all over colour....but not to be platinum blond she said so i put on a high lift tint 12/17 wit 1/2 12/0 base but she said that came out to ginger! and she wanted to be blonder SO i put blur frosting on and within minutes she complained of severe burning so we took it off... she still complained of being bright ginger! i only had time to do a t-section of pre lightener and put a few natural pieces through. but she said its to bright and blond now. and is wearing a hat every wear. How do i correct it and what toner would people use?
:irked:
Can't work out weather I really screwed up or she was not expecting to be so blond.

did you do full head bleach without a toner?
she probably is glowing, I would use L'oreal 901.. it will clean it right up.
But watch it so it doesnt go grey!
hope this helps
xox

Sounds like you need to have a chat with her before anything. I have a just like this, her hair changes more often than her socks.:irked: Dont make any changes for free! Charge her for everything! These women are difficult at bast, and often ask for the near impossible.
Regarding the toner, are just the roots a warm blonde? Because you could take her down to an 8 or 9, by using an ash at the root, for 3/4 of your processing time then midshaft for ten minutes or so, then emulsify to tone out the ends.
Alot will depend on how much unwanted warmth is there, and how far down the hair it extends.

Well I never used to do her full head of bleach high lights. I used a high lift tint when I was doing her high lights But yes i did use blue frosting without a toner... but she is so fussy i was unsure what toner to use! and i must admit i don't normally use a toner when i use blue frosting... the prob there was that it was burning... I use koleston so what is the equivalent of lorel 901?she likes the platinum blond on the mid lengths just not the brightness of the roots..... mind has gone blank atm!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

She also wants to keep some of the lighter highlights rather than have the block colour look all over.... so thats why i dont really want to take all of her hair down to a nine and Its all ready had so much blond on it im not sure if it can take more pre lightener so i was looking at poss putting on really light toner that will just take out the glow.....
I did explain the diffrences between all over colour and highlights.

Also out of interest when taking some one from pre lightner highlights to an all over colour what colour would you use? base 7...
Only ever missed working in a salon this weekend lol!

Latest posts

Back