HELP Brisa Question!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay......

She did not have tips or sculpted tips on, this was all nno. When I did her rebalance, it had been 3 weeks, so when I looked closely although there was no cracks or chips, there were a few that were "loose" at the top, which I clipped out what was loose from the free edge and buffed out. The nail that popped off was practically a newer nail if I remember correctly; there was hardly any gel left on it except for the very center of her nail.

What do you think?

Terri

I would never clip out lifting, this will only promote more lifting and put strain on the natural nail

Adele,

So you would just file the lifted areas?

Hi Terri,

The pocket lifting I think may be the real issue here rather than the rebalance... Hence why she lost the 'whole' nail after the rebalance and not just got lifting, this indicates the first set application has failed to adhere as well...

Pocket lifting has much more specific causes than general lift and breaks.
Namely:

1) Large amounts of force, sudden loss of adhesion from impact, this can also be replicated by repetitive knocking of the nail
2) product curing too tightly which transfers large force up to the apex and central product. Most common causes are: tips too tight, wet mix ratio (on L&P) too thick application for gel or very flat nails...

hth's

So if a client has flat nails is it not suggested they wear gel? I've had some pocket lifters (usually those who go longer than 2 weeks) and was wondering what the deal was. Should u charge for pocket lifting if u know it's the clients mistreating their nails? (since u have to remove the entire nail to fix it and reapply) not sure what to do myself

Latest posts

Back