Help, care of keratin extension bonds

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burgundy95

Reaction score
I have keratin bond extensions, and I take good care of them with conditioning treatments and use a tangle teaser on them. I have just noticed bald patches on my head and have got in touch with the girl who did then and I am going to see her later today. Any advice on what to say or what to do? The salon manager is trying to tell me it is my fault because I don't brush my hair, but I am always making sure they a tangle free and smooth. Help please!! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402143550.090370.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402143530.973964.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402143530.973964.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 282
She might have pulled your hair too tight when she put them in or taken sections too big

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have keratin bond extensions, and I take good care of them with conditioning treatments and use a tangle teaser on them. I have just noticed bald patches on my head and have got in touch with the girl who did then and I am going to see her later today. Any advice on what to say or what to do? The salon manager is trying to tell me it is my fault because I don't brush my hair, but I am always making sure they a tangle free and smooth. Help please!! View attachment 67178

That's not from not brushing your hair Hun. Stand your ground. Have you a better picture to me it looks like there's no bonds where these patches are?

i have keratin bond extensions, and i take good care of them with conditioning treatments and use a tangle teaser on them. I have just noticed bald patches on my head and have got in touch with the girl who did then and i am going to see her later today. Any advice on what to say or what to do? The salon manager is trying to tell me it is my fault because i don't brush my hair, but i am always making sure they a tangle free and smooth. Help please!! View attachment 67178

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402237524.938972.jpg

How long have you had the bonds in for?

Is there any bonds in your hair?

To be honest with you the bold patches are in your hair line - where no extensions are and where they shouldn't be placed because they would be visible. So if extensions aren't there is not the extensions. We all have little patches here and there - I certainly do. And there's no way to prove it was the extensions. If it was where extensions were placed I would have said sure, possibly the extensions but then again it could have been you, without seeing the original fitting it's hard to advise further on this. But to me it doesn't look like the extensions caused this...

It looks like the bond is a good few inches from the scalp, how long have they been in? Looks like they've been in too long to me!

Have you also been colouring your roots inbetween the bonds?

Id love to know how long you've had them in, and how your roots have been maintained?!!!

I agree with the above, it looks like you've had them in too long. Also, wearing them tightly up in a pony can cause tension spots. It's time you got them removed I think.

Could it be from the highlights maybe? Overlapping or on too long? X

Could it be from the highlights maybe? Overlapping or on too long? X

tbh if they have been bleached with bonds in which it looks like it has, there could have been some bleach unrinsed which would cause massive issues. The patches look a bit too far forward to be where any bonds would go but you never know.

im gonna guess they've been in for 4 months. its about 2 inches grow out...time to have them removed and put back in love!

about the bald patches could have been the bleach. i dont see where any bonds would have done that to your head. unless the person installed them improperly =(

I've had them in since the 25th of March, the girl that did them has done my root once between then and now other wise they havnt been touched! She said they could be in for up to a year if I was to maintain them properly.. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402345672.195740.jpg

The bonds were right to the front of my hairline at the sides and all the way around apart from a small section on top of my head that is a full fringe growing out

I would usually say that you'd need them out after 12 weeks. Also, colour shouldn't have touched the bonds. To be honest, I'm not sure in the most recent pic I can see bald bits, it just looks like the way you've pulled the hair back. But I can see red bits of scalp, probably caused by the tension being all out cos they need to come out now.

Latest posts

Back