Help - client wanting compensation, saying hair's too short

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurabeautician

Reaction score
Hi, I am needing some advise.
A client of mine wanted her hair cutting shorter to above shoulders. We spoke about and decided to not cut it as short, so we went for kim kardashian long bob. It looked lovely. Shes now decided a week later that she doesnt like it and wants compensation saying I only stated I was taking 2inches off. Her hair was by shoulder blades to start with.
How do I best resolve this?

I wouldn't worry. She'd have realised you had cut it shorter then she wanted before she even left let alone a week later so just ignore it! You could offer a free blow dry or something to try and keep her sweet?😂people like that just want money and I highly doubt she'll seriously go for compensation over an inch of her hair

Sounds like a chancer. If she really wasnt happy she would have said before leaving, or came back next day.

Thanks. I offered her a pedicure as its her favourite trearment but shes said she wants 'compensation'. Dont no best way to tell her to get lost and do one. She was a well respected client but shes lost all my respect even having the cheek to ask. I dont understand some people

I would give her your insurance details and let them take care of her.. Don't waste anymore time with her x

Tell her to ask her solicitor to contact you, don't give her any insurance details yourself. Ask her not to contact you again directly as you feel threatened by her sudden change in attitude and not to come in your salon again so will class it as harrasment and contact the police. Do this in writing or e-mail make sure you keep a copy what you send.

I would say I'm sorry you have had a change of mind about going shorter, but this length is what we discussed and you asked for. I would leave it at that, she has no right to compensation you did what was asked. She wouldn't get anywhere with a claim.

It's hair, it'll grow back!! :rolleyes:

She hasn't got a leg to stand in, it's just scare tactics!

You didn't bleach burn her scalp to baldness, nor cover her clothes in hair colour, or cut her ear off! Her solicitor (if she has one) will laugh and tell her to get a grip.

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks everyone, first time I've ever had someone complain in 10years. Just want to go about the right way x

Latest posts

Back