Help - clients calgel peeling

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vicksta

Reaction score
Howdy Geeks,

I wonder if anyone has experienced this problem.

I calgeled a clients finger nails 8 days ago before she went away on holiday. (French finish) and have just received a call from her saying that practically all of her nails have peeled away at the ends and some at the sides (I have not had chance to see them yet - I am going to see her tomorrow) However I am baffeld, I spent ages on preperation making sure the shine was taken off her nails with a blue sponge board, used calguard and make double sure that the gel did not touch the cuticles or skin at the sides. I capped the ends of the nails and advised the client not to file the ends. I retailed her some calcrystal to use while away. And also applied a coat of clear gel over the french finish before the calcrystal top coat. I also warned her not to get Piz Buin suncream on her fingers as I have heard off someone the gel does not like it (cannot verify that thou... but by the way she was taking that brand with her)

I am at a loss as to what I could have done wrong. However, I asked the client if she had been in the sea a lot, and she said they were practically never out of the pool as it was so hot. Could the chlorine have affected it do you think?

Thanks in advance
Vix:confused:

It sounds like you have done everything as you should, did you cap the free edge after each layer, was the nail plate completely dry after using calguard before you applied the first wetting layer. Did she pick? I lock cure each nail as I go along, this can help as the gel does tend to shrink back away from the free edge.:hug:

hi

does she have children as kids high factor creams dosnt like bio or calgel. Mine bubbled up when i went to the states and i deduced, as it was only on the hand that i applied the kids cream with, that it didnt like the gel.

Could be having her hands in the pool excessively too though, sometimes its not chlorine that they use abroard it could be anything a popular one is bleach! and we all know gel dosnt like that.

I found with my Calgel nails that it didn't like the swimming pool water. My nails were fine until I went swimming and then they all started to lift at the free edge.

Thanks girls, I capped each layer and 'froze' the gel for 30 secs on each layer before curing for 3 mins. I reckon its either the cream or the water (but i'm not ruling out her having a little pick at them either once one gel started to disown its nail!) Do you think I should charge for a soak off?? (£6) I may offer to do them again free of charge to see if the same problem occurs. This lady is also undergoing Physiotherapy at the mo but says she is not taking any medication. I guess I will have more of an idea tomorrow when I see her.

Thanks Joe, The lady said she was constantly in the pool to keep cool. I dont feel quite as confused now.

Latest posts

Back