Help combat greasy roots

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smj1980

Reaction score
Ok so iv always suffered from greasy roots and dry ends and for years now, iv tried only wasing my hair once a week,using dry shampoo inbetween and tying it back but then i started getting a realy itchy scalp to the point were if i scratched my head i would get a gritty residue under my nails but still had greasy roots! So i then started using voseen anti dandruff shampoo and once i combat the itchy scalp i used a clarifying shampoo hoping grease would stay at bay more. I then noticed my hair looked realy greasy after 1 day and couldnt get away with leaving it for days sobi tried white viniger with no sucess.

Iv got to the point now were my hair looks greasy straight after washng it! I will add pics below. i never put any products near my scalp,i rinse for 2mins and i tie it back so im hardly touching it. Please can anyone help???? Anyone had this problem before or know what it is ?

Attachments

• 20140120_140344.jpg
    20140120_140344.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 210
  • 20140120_140406.jpg
    20140120_140406.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 214
Oh no :(:(:(

Change your shampoo to a silocone free shampoo and cond. Silicone is heavy and is in MOST over the counter products.

When you wash your hair always shampoo your hair twice. First shampoo removes dirt and grime, second shampoo removes the oil/grease.

Once a week use a 'claifying shampoo' this is a shampoo which is designed to deep clean the hair.

When washing your hair use cool water as the warmer the water the more oil/grease the scalp will produce.

"Joico body luxe" is a professional shampoo and conditioner yes its pricey but the best you will get 2 or 3 days if you start using this.

No conditioner on the roots.

Wash your hands before styling your hair as this will take the oil away from your hands and not transfer it to your hair

This is literally everything i can think of from the top of my head.

If u do all of this and it still persists a client of mine went 2 the docs and it was a problem with her concraception tablets throwing out the wrong ph balance.

I can see your a hairdresser so you probably follow all of this anyway. I have a few clients who have greasy hair and following all of these pointers have helped them get at least 3 days out of there hair!
Good luck xx

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

I agree with the above and just make sure you are not over washing from the pik it looks like you have a product build up. Apply your clarifying shampoo to dry hair then add a small amount of water at a time and lather it then rinse and shampoo again this should help. Also make sure you are rinsing properly and not using to much conditioner.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Citrus based shampoo to fight grease wash it twice and do not condition the roots x

Try putting shampoo onto your hair before wetting it, and massaging it in. Then add a tiny bit of water and emulsify more. Then rinse and shampoo as normal, add conditioner to literally just your ends. Don't add any products in your hair afterwards. Try putting your shower pressure quite strong and run your hair and scalp when rinsing to ensure you've got all shampoo & conditioner out. Maybe once you've dried your hair add a bit of dry shampoo for good measure :)

Sean Collins Hairdressing Glasgow

Latest posts

Back