Help! damaged nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becca211

Reaction score
Hi Techies

Can anyone give me some good advice, I went to a Nail shop that used electric files, and now my nails are absolutely ruined. I now want to give them a rest as they are damaged soft, and very short!!
I want to buy a strengthner/treatment to encourage them to get strong and healthy I was condsiering buying OPI Nail envy but don't want to waste £16.00 if it's rubbish, has anyone used this themselvesand can they reccommend it? or another product that really works that will help rebuild my poor nails. (I don't mind paying for it as long as it works)!!
PS My lesson is learned, never again will I go near the electric files!! :mad:

Damaged nails will have to grow out...you cant repair the damage that has been done...I would use plenty of solar oil and keep them sort until the damage has grown out.

IMO alot of these so called nail strengtheners just sit on top and and can give the feel of a stronger nail...untill removed...abit like conditioner for damaged hair...great while its on...nothing once its washed off...it gives a temporary feeling of restore but cant actually permanently repair the damage.

Hiya, its not the electric files that's the problem, its the tech who uses it, there is an art to using electric files.
Get yourself some Solaroil and rub that into your cuticle's and nails so that it can nourish them and help to bring them back to full health. I hope i helped, Jo.xx

Thanks for the replies - I'll get some Solaroil as advised

Latest posts

Back