Help, daughter now wants hair darker

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beth1967

Reaction score
Kay... natural level 8 no gold at all dirty blonde natural. She was colouring level 4 for years. She went blonde in Aug, lots of bleach and then tone with pearl ash blonde. She now has roots over 1 inch level 8. Now her hair is light and I am nervous of her hair going purple or green or just yucky. I use koleston I did strand test on wet hair used 8/17 hardly made a difference. Thinking level 7 same color probably comes out as an 8. Any other ideas? This girl does not like red gold nothing warm. When i toned her there was mauvey color near roots when under flouresent light but prefect under regular lights for a few days. Any other combo to use or should this be ok. ALSO another client with long hair natural level 6 with old perm and old blonde foils 20 vol. Wants to be a warm brown doesnt mine golds chestnut brown is what she is thinking with a few blondes. What mix would make a nice brown without being to gold.

with your daughter are you planning to do some weaves or a fashion technique or recolour allover? also you dont say how long her hair is - problem being the roots will take the colour best, than the midlengths may hang on to the colour but loose some of the depth and the ends may lose depth and tone . Ive just had mine darker and warmer , but after 4 washes i develop ash ends and red midlengths so if it is allover it will take alot of upkeep , semis etc and you will have to deal with it one stage at a time . May be better to do lots of differant foils in differing shades because then you can make a note of what grabs/works and what doesnt and the result will blend through and you can alter it next time accordingly . you may not have a choice but to add warmth , but then after a few washes the warmth should come out a bit
try some more strand tests in the meanwhile get your daughter to do some deep conditioning treatments to help even out the porosity

Latest posts

Back