Help - extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nietta

Reaction score
I fitted a micro weft last Saturday.
My client is complaining of itching.... here is her description to me.
Any ideas?! Is her scalp just too sensitive?

''Well where the rows are, my scalp is constantly itchy, it's not where the bonds are it's more of where the edging is rubbing against my scalp, I've washed it with the Loreal shampoo as you said, even before the extensions were put in and it was fine before so I don't believe it's the shampoo! I'm just getting really down about it now! X x''

Its worrying me :(

Thanks x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Usually with itching, its an aftercare issue - I imagine its inadequate rinsing. Is it a micro ring weave?

Exactly what i told her and she jumped back in the shower and rinsed again, shes only had them in a few days!
Its a micro ring weft yeah.
A bit itchy to start or product build up is normal & can be corrected but shes saying shes ripping her head apart its so bad :/

Thats the thing with weaves though, with them being so bulky, some clients really feel the itching. Thats why I cant have them, im particularly sensitive to it. The first week or 2 is always the worst too.

I itch like crazy from all loreal shampoos!?

Ive told her its so unfortunate but if her scalp is irritated its something that cant be found out until after they're applied. Shes asking if tape will be better & im assuming yes because it doesn't touch the scalp but im paranoid now!
Shes coming in thursday to remove the wefts & talk about tape, ill offer her discount & aftercare pack & a maintenance free?
I feel so bad!

I have a really sensitive scalp and wear a micro weft, the first couple of days my scalp is really tender, then after that the itching starts! Drives me crazy only lasts around 4 days tho then It all settles and is perfect (until the next time! Ha ha)

I find that I get the itching for several days after installation, I was told that this can occur due to the scalp getting used to the additional weight of new hair installation. As op says this disappears within three to four days. Hth.

When you say Bonds is it the glue or rings?
As im thinking she could be allergic to the Rings if thats what she had done😕

It might be too tight?
If it pulls her hair, it can feel icty

Latest posts

Back