Help! Eyelash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrbojangles

Reaction score
:confused: hi there was hoping some of you lovely peeps out there could help me out with the different sizes and lengths of eyelash extensions?what size and length is most used?and roughly how many sizes are used on eye?thanks to ya all who replies!!!

I'm new to this too so hopefully some experienced eyelash techniques will answer. I'm using 8 mm, 10 mm and 12 mm but it really depends on the persons eyelashes, usually the eyelash extension will be about 1/2 to 1/3 longer then their own eyelashes. It also depends whether they want a natural or glam look. Where I'm training we use pore tape and load on the eyelashes, I'm definately going to go with the lash strips when I pass my assessment, it can get a bit tricky when your hand is covered in lots of pore tape and lashes. :hug:

:) thanks lisa,any info helps...i only used strip lashes on my training...so much easier...at mo im only using mainly j and curl...should i get some b and d curl??? thanks again from another lisa!!

Hi Lisa, I definately wouldnt worry about getting D curls at the moment, I use C curls for the majority of my lashes, it definately depends on the client for which lengths are used but imo 11 and 12 are the most popular lengths, going down in size at the inner corner I use (I go down to a 9) I generally use .20 thickness as I find this is a good middle ground.

I have got a full range of D curl in my kit but have to say, so far, have never used them, cant get any takers yet but still working on it :)

Hope that all helps.

xx

It entirely depends on your client's own lashes. I've got a lady who has long lashes and likes 14s on and they don't look too long! I barely ever use 8s unless the client has very short lashes anyway and in that case- make sure u take before & after pics AND explain to your client that you can't really put 14s on a very short lash, unless they want weekly (or more) maintenance (ker-ching!)
I generally only use Js and Cs.

If you're new at extensions don't make life hard for yourself by using D curls

Hope that helps xx
Posted via Mobile Device

It entirely depends on your client's own lashes. I've got a lady who has long lashes and likes 14s on and they don't look too long! I barely ever use 8s unless the client has very short lashes anyway and in that case- make sure u take before & after pics AND explain to your client that you can't really put 14s on a very short lash, unless they want weekly (or more) maintenance (ker-ching!)
I generally only use Js and Cs.

If you're new at extensions don't make life hard for yourself by using D curls

Hope that helps xx
Posted via Mobile Device

Eyecandy has some great points!
Lash length and thickness depends solely on the natural lashes of your clients.
If your clients have small sparse lashes then loading them up with 0.20 thickness in 14mm will only damage the lashes and your client will be less than happy.

The original rule is to not over extend the ELE more than 3mm past the natural lash - this rule has changed over the years as we have learnt that every client is different.

B curls have to be my fav all purpose curl - not as dramatic as a C but not as straight as a J. Easy to apply if you are a newbie and suit pretty much every client. If your after a natural looking lash then i would start at 7mm and finish at 11mm, using a 0.15 thickness.

If your after a little more drama start at a 7mm and work your way to a 13 or 14 mm (keeping in mind the state of your clients natural lash), i would use 0.20 thickness if the natural lashes allow.

When you have built your kit up and you have a variety of lashes in different thickness, length and curl then you should utilize them and start getting into the habit of using at least 3-4 lengths and 2 different thickness'.

We stock J B C D curl in 0.15, 0.20 and 0.25. We do have a 0.30 thickness but this is for experienced stylists only.
We are also looking into stocking not only a 1 gram bag but a 0.5 gram bag - all our lashes are a flat price of $40 a gram.

HYPNOTIC LASHES TEAM
Hypnotic Lashes - Home-

Latest posts

Back