Help! Fake Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucy bear

Reaction score
Help

I think I have been duped big style by a seller :Scared:
I brought some CND Shellac from a woman who said she knows someone in America who can get some for cheap (i know alarm bells should have rung)
This is her explanation for it ;
Basically before they get their serial numbers they are not worth as much. So I know someone who works with them and sells me them before they go though invoice process to be marked as UK item x
And that's why in UK they cost £16 and america 8-10 x

Anyway they have arrived and there is no serial numbers on, but the labels look wrong on some (blurred writing) bottles are a matt colour as I've compared to genuine bottles and they are more pearly. Label on neck of bottle on some look wrinkled. Luckily I have paid via paypal but some payments go back to august.
Anyway my question is ...have I really been duped? Do I give her the beneift of doubt and message her directly and ask for explanation and/or money back or go straight to paypal and set up dispute?

Feel like a right tool :evil::sad::cry::irked::grr:

Ask for money back if you can as you were not aware of the quality until you received them x
I would always be suspicious Hun x

my other issue is, I brought some in August but only used a couple of times as for waiting for larger shipment which has just arrived...with the original set I told her I was happy with them but now having received the second larger lot and been able to show them all to our CND nail tech she is the one who pointed out the issues. Do i request all money back from beginning or just last lot?

Oh dear I can only imagine the response you're gonna get to this!

But yes I'm afraid it does sound like you've been duped. And I gotta say, if they are scuzzy enough to do this, they are probably scuzzy enough to keep your money!!

I'd chalk it up to experience and always ALWAYS buy from the official distributor.

Yep well and truly learned my lesson :-( thanks though <3

Hi can you post a pic ?

Sent from my CUBOT X6 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1415113287345.jpg
    1415113287345.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 340
  • 1415113308094.jpg
    1415113308094.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 353
  • 1415113336235.jpg
    1415113336235.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 331
  • 1415113357360.jpg
    1415113357360.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 344
The bottle says the colour is pretty poison when pretty poison is dark green! And they have spelled 'tinted' wrong too, how did they think they would get away with this!

Definately put it down to experience and buy from sweet squared to save yourself a lot of money and hassle! &#128522;

Some of the fakes on the market are so good it's very hard to tell the difference !!!! With buying from someone who gets it from America is that the duty/tax has probably not been paid and this could land you in a load of trouble as you would have to pay it. You have to put it down to experience and you know yourself they are probably fake and the only way to make sure is to buy from S2 or ellisons really.

Yes they are a bad fake at that but hopefully lesson learnt x

Thank you. What a complete idiot. No idea where my head was when I ordered them. Thankfully I did have the good sense to use paypal and pay via goods and services so have opened a claim to try to get my money back.
Thank you guys for been so nice about it :)

Typo on the last bottle too. Surely should say AND msds?

I know :-( literally today is the first day I've seen them :'(

Latest posts

Back