Help, feel like giving up but really don’t want to!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MatildasMummy

Reaction score
Hey geeks

So I trained in extensions last November, I havnt had many clients at all and don’t really have many friends to practice on.

I was thinking of messaging a few girls I know to see if they want hair extensions and just pay for the hair, but my partner says I shouldn’t! We have a baby and the reason I am doing hair is 1. Because I love hair and wish I properly Trained in all aspects but now would take me to long so hair extensions were a better choice, 2. I have reduced my hours in work so I can spend some days with the baby and do hair appts in the evenings when she’s in bed!

My partner is very business minded and said that I only need to do 1-2 clients at £80’profit from each) a week to cover my lost days so he doesn’t want me working for free!

I have tried to explain that I want more practice etc and want before & after pictures but he just thinks I should carry on with the way I’m going.

What do you ladies think?

Thanks! Xx

We're not all ladies, but that doesn't mean we will think like your husband!

Do you feel like you need more practice, what are you struggling with? I can't help because i don't do extensions, but if you are trained, and clients are happy with results there is no need for you to be working for free.

If you are working for yourself then you do need to be business minded and think of how much money you need to be making, otherwise you are not working, its a hobby. I would get some of your clients to recommend friends, or bring one with them and do them both together for a deal, that will help build up.

Hope it works out for you and bubba x

Latest posts

Back