Help finding measuring scoops?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orbie

Reaction score
Good morning geeks, just wondering if anyone uses small measuring scoops for mixing glitter powders. When I have finished day 5 next week I would really like to have a little play with mixing some glitters etc. But really want to be careful with how much I use etc, is there an ideal ratio I should stick to? And does anyone know where I can get some really small scoops from? The only ones I have seen are on the dreaded you know where lol, but they were also from America so the postage was high!

Thanks in advance :hug:

what size have they got to be?

you can get 1/4tsp and 1/2tsp measures from any cook shop or supermarket.

what size have they got to be?

you can get 1/4tsp and 1/2tsp measures from any cook shop or supermarket.

Lol why didn't I think of that good grief I am such a dork sometimes!Thank you :green:

Can anyone recommend amounts etc, how much glitter to how much powder?

I use the spoon on an old cuticle pusher i no longer use. Its really tiny so ideal for mixing up small qty's before decided to mix up larger batches.

I think its 1 part glitter to 3 parts powder but dont quote me on that. Do a search on here, there are alot of posts regarding mixing glitter powders.

I have used the scoops that come with baby milk they are fab for this use:)

In my CND class, we were told one part glitter to 10 parts powder. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. :)

I think its 1 part glitter to 3 parts powder but dont quote me on that. Do a search on here, there are alot of posts regarding mixing glitter powders.

thanks everyone for the replies, I just did a search and some say 1 to 3 some say 1 to 4 so I guess it will just be a bit of trial and error lol anyway lots more nails to do with white and sheer pink first before I can have a play! thanks again :green:

hi, i got mines from asda, beside all the utensils, there are around 7 measures, the smallest being 1/8th teaspoon, great for mixing and and only a few pound, mines were red, not sure if thy still are?? hth xx ruth

hi
i have a metal cuticle pusher and i use one scoop of glitter to 3 scoops of powder. ratio is 1 to 3. i have had no problems. i only make up a lot od the mix if its a very popular colour.
hope that helps zz

Latest posts

Back