Help! Gel nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carolynshaw

Reaction score
Hi, im fairly new to Gel nails, or nail extensions in general actually, doing ok through trial and error, wont say who I trained with, but felt i could have got a better training for my money in Gel, and quite disappointed, as after service useless from my trainer, as she never calls me back on the .... oh all of three occasions I have rung for help,so feel like im training myself through error, anyway my question is someone who has completely bitten nails, she is 30 something and has always, and always will bite her nails to the core! is there any nail extension that can be done on her? and whats the diffferent nail extension shapes all about ie c curve straight etc, any help out there grafefully received x

Last edited:
Hi there,

firstly i would call the company you trained with and hold on the phone until someone speaks to you. Secondly do you have a refill day? as in when i trained it was over a few days and then 2 weeks later i had to go back and do refills on someone i had done during the first few days.

With gel it is always about practice practice practice but if they haven't shown you the basics as in how to get certain shapes in the first place . . . . i don't know. I would definately go back to the college and explain the situation to someone more senior

Hi, im fairly new to Gel nails, or nail extensions in general actually, doing ok through trial and error, wont say who I trained with, but felt i could have got a better training for my money in Gel, and quite disappointed, as after service useless from my trainer, as she never calls me back on the .... oh all of three occasions I have rung for help,so feel like im training myself through error, anyway my question is someone who has completely bitten nails, she is 30 something and has always, and always will bite her nails to the core! is there any nail extension that can be done on her? and whats the diffferent nail extension shapes all about ie c curve straight etc, any help out there grafefully received x

Hi, sorry to hear that you are having problems. If you reveal which gel you are using then more geeks will be able to advise on any problems that you have.

If you do a search on nail biter, bitten nails then there are loads of previously posted questions for you to trawl through!! :lol:

I've also found this tutorial http://www.salongeek.com/nail-application/5746-tipping-bitten-nail.html

As for the nail shapes etc, you should have covered this and i'm surprised that you didn't. The c curve is covered in nail anatomy, something else that should have been covered. All i can suggest is to get yourself one (or all) of these brilliant books - Nail Class by Gigi Rouse, The Complete Nail Technician by Marian Newman or The Encyclopedia of Nails by Jefford & Swain. They are invaluable and you'll find yourself referring to them when you been in this game years down the line!!:lol:

If you have a large library near you might want to see if any of them are available. HTH's:hug:

Sorry to hear you are having problems carolyn. you have already had some good advice from fellow geeks. how long is it since passing your gel course? what gel system did you train with?
google nail biter and bitten nails as there are loads of info on this site to help you.
could you not encourage the nail biter to have a course of manicure treatments first before having enhancments, that is what I have done in the past with a bad nail biter. but if she wants enhancments then the thread above is very good.

Latest posts

Back