Help! Getting worried!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
October is always a quiet month especially in hard times because everyone’s saving for Xmas so hold out and you should get your clients coming back very soon.

I always wondered if a subscription service would work - there are companies that would handle the monthly payments for you and you could tailor it to your business in offering a client a discounted service for their subscription.
It helps with peoples budgeting as they wouldn’t have a big outlay when it comes round to an appointment.it would also mean you have a monthly steady income and a steady flow of repeat customers. You’d just have to work out average yearly spend and include a discount/special offer.
Just an idea….

But thats the point, no-one is going to have ANY money for treatments, and if we discount how are we going to pay our bills? Lets face it, most of us don't charge what we should anyway and our costs are rising.

Hello - I just wanted to come on here to say I am in exactly the same boat. It was comforting (although I feel terrible for you) to read that many are in the same position. My business has not picked up at all this year and it’s really sad! I’ve been looking at other bits to do but with 4 children, 2 dogs and a home to run it’s so hard to find something! Right now the money just isn’t enough! I do sell FM products too and have been getting a little team together so just really hoping that we will have another busy Christmas 🤞 Thats just about keeping me afloat but how long perfumes and products will be a necessity I just don’t know. Keeping everything crossed it picks up for us all.

I have been waiting for this to happen too.. the costs keep going up & it’s like how is my business keep going?

Covid didn’t help either..
Definitely saw a change that clients didn’t book as much or never returned after lockdowns 🙁

So I’ve took the big decision last month that I’d close my beauty salon.
I think the fear of this winter, rent & electricity costs.
Things didn’t seem to be improving,
so many businesses have closed in the last few weeks.
My Clients are disappointed
that I have to close & it was awful to have to disappoint them😔
We are a very caring & selfless in our profession, you want to do your best
for your clients.
I don’t think people realise the amount of energy that goes into this job.
The talking & even counselling on a daily basis.. it’s great that people feel they can confide in you but maybe they need to appreciate how valuable we are &
our service too!🙂

I’ve been so stressed & exhausted especially in the last 2 years,
I decided its best to step back
from beauty.
Yes I agree..when people have less money to spend .. we are the 1st to go.
We have to mind ourselves!
I wish everyone good luck in the future..
I really do hope things improve 🤞🏻

I have been waiting for this to happen too.. the costs keep going up & it’s like how is my business keep going?

Definitely saw a change that clients didn’t book as much or never returned after lockdowns 🙁

for your clients.
The talking & even counselling on a daily basis.. it’s great that people feel they can confide in you but maybe they need to appreciate how valuable we are &
our service too!🙂

from beauty.
Welcome to the forum Zen girl.

How saddened I was reading your post, you have captured the feelings of many of us on this forum of late.
It is a true reflection of the current situation, and I wish you well in finding success elsewhere. Your skills are transferrable to another career I am sure.
I have contemplated private care work if things continue to plummet. However, as long as I get a trickle of clients and my older pedicure ladies needing my footcare I could survive a little longer. Your running costs are the main killer but we can't live on fresh air.
Have you any thoughts on what to do next?
Please remain on this forum because your expertise and experience may well help another to get through tough times.
You have touched a nerve with a lot of us.
Good luck and I wish you well.
RosieR

Welcome to the forum Zen girl.

How saddened I was reading your post, you have captured the feelings of many of us on this forum of late.
It is a true reflection of the current situation, and I wish you well in finding success elsewhere. Your skills are transferrable to another career I am sure.
I have contemplated private care work if things continue to plummet. However, as long as I get a trickle of clients and my older pedicure ladies needing my footcare I could survive a little longer. Your running costs are the main killer but we can't live on fresh air.
Have you any thoughts on what to do next?
Please remain on this forum because your expertise and experience may well help another to get through tough times.
You have touched a nerve with a lot of us.
Good luck and I wish you well.
RosieR
Thank you RosieR!😌

I’ve been in the beauty industry for
nearly 20 years & been self employed for most of those years too.
Have loved clicking on to salon geek for support, strange it took me closing to finally register.
It’s fantastic to see people are changing careers & starting up beauty or hair businesses in recent years.
But from the other side, our industry is very attractive as it gets bigger & bigger, people want to look & feel good.
I just kept wondering, how all the experienced people in the beauty & hair industry really doing?
Trying to put on brave faces, keep smiling & chatting,
just to keep the whole show going.
But reality is maybe we are worried, tired & then burnt out?🤯

I’ve gone through a recession, a salon move.. loved waxing, nails, facials, tanning & Makeup.
So many aspects to running a business.. & there’s always towels to sort !😋
Yes I too love pedicures & have
looked at podiatrist training.
Again I think I did a great treatment
& clients always enjoyed them.
I don’t know will I return to a salon again..maybe time to change direction.

It was very emotional in the final few weeks with clients last appointments.
I thought was I mad ..what I am doing?
But I was always thinking about work.
So strangely I feel relieved..
now I’ll take time out until Christmas.
Yes our skills are fantastic on so many levels..I hope that all my experience
will enhance whatever I do.🙂

for your clients.
our service too!🙂

from beauty.
Sorry to read that this is what you have to do.
Are you going to continue in the industry ?
Good luck in what ever you do next

Latest posts

Back