Help-glitter dust/chrome powder

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicnoc

Reaction score
I have recently completed a Gel nail varnish course. I am using Gelish, I would like to add glitter dust and chrome powder to my collection. How do I apply it?

I have tried the following method for glitter dust

Foundation coat, cure
Colour, cure
Colour
Dip in glitter dust, cure
Rub with white block
Top coat, cure

Does this sound ok??

As for the chrome, I have no idea! Any help very much appreciated!

Hi
Most of us do the following i think:
Base, cure
Colour, cure
Dip a small brush (I like a square-ish one) into the glitter and use a scrubbing motion (burnishing) to apply the glitter to the sticky layer of the colour coat, use same brush in a straight downward motion to remove excess
Top coat, cure
(Top coat again if still feels rough) x

Few ways to apply glitter, either as blossom says above or to get a sugared effect, use a no wipe top coat and before curing sprinkle on your glitter and then cure, this gives a textured effect

Chrome is done using a no wipe top coat, so you fully complete your service, cure your no wipe top coat then rub in your chrome with either a silicone tool or eyeshadow sponge. Top coat and cure

Few ways to apply glitter, either as blossom says above or to get a sugared effect, use a no wipe top coat and before curing sprinkle on your glitter and then cure, this gives a textured effect

Chrome is done using a no wipe top coat, so you fully complete your service, cure your no wipe top coat then rub in your chrome with either a silicone tool or eyeshadow sponge. Top coat and cure
Is lecenté layer it a no wipe top coat or something else?

I d
Is lecenté layer it a no wipe top coat or something else?

I don't use it so I'm not 100% sure but I would say so as it needs to be tack free (no wipe) for the chrome effect to work

Great thank you xx

Latest posts

Back