Help! Goldwell highlift tint!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L00pie

Reaction score
I wonder if anyone could help me!
my friend is naturally a level in goldwell 8NA and has been having a full head of bleach painted on to get that silver blonde. Its been damaging her hair. I was wondering if anyone knows what the best higlift tint to get nearest to that white blonde as she knows with tint it wont be as white or if anyone knows any other make thats better?
thankyou.

Wella 12.1 is lovely, iv not tried it myself, but many people even add a little bleach into it to give it that little more lift. Xoxo

Wella 12.1 is lovely, iv not tried it myself, but many people even add a little bleach into it to give it that little more lift.Xoxo

Now now......Thats not in the manufacturers instructions. Good job youve never done it ;)

Personally I wouldnt add the bleach to any highlift, I think it kills the toning capability in the colour. But thats just my opinion. Sorry I cant advise on the color to use as I only use redken so cant comment on other highlifts.

Now now......Thats not in the manufacturers instructions. Good job youve never done it ;)

Personally I wouldnt add the bleach to any highlift, I think it kills the toning capability in the colour. But thats just my opinion. Sorry I cant advise on the color to use as I only use redken so cant comment on other highlifts.

I'm a bit of a stickler for instructions when chemicals are involved, but trying to offer 2 ideas. The other option would be bleach with 6% tops, to around a 10 then high lift 2/3 days later. Xoxo

I'm a bit of a stickler for instructions when chemicals are involved, but trying to offer 2 ideas. The other option would be bleach with 6% tops, to around a 10 then high lift 2/3 days later. Xoxo

Would you really do this? :confused:

has been having a full head of bleach painted on to get that silver blonde. Its been damaging her hair.

so you would bleach and then use high-lift tint on top of that as an alternative?

:confused:

Would you really do this? :confused:

so you would bleach and then use high-lift tint on top of that as an alternative?

I'm expecting that a higher than a 6% has been used if there is a lot of damage. I'm giving ideas of ways she can get the white look with less damage than bleach and 9 or 12 so yeah, if the hair was capable of taking it I would. Iv done that for a cousin who's a base 5, worked wonderful, she had a day between with a cond treatment between xoxo

I'm expecting that a higher than a 6% has been used if there is a lot of damage. I'm giving ideas of ways she can get the white look with less damage than bleach and 9 or 12 so yeah, if the hair was capable of taking it I would. Iv done that for a cousin who's a base 5, worked wonderful, she had a day between with a cond treatment between xoxo

I'm still confused why you would apply a high-lift tint to bleached hair? Totally defeats the object IMO and risks the integrity of the hair. Why not just bleach and tone instead of adding yet more ammonia with a highlift tint?

At a base 8 it would bleach easily with 20vol then tone, simples. A good cut and conditioning treatments will help out with the damage. Or go straight in with the highlift it might just lift enough on a natural level 8 if there's not too much regrowth, if not the rest would have to be toned down to match.

Using a good quality scalp bleach on the roots only with 20vol won't cause any more damage than the highlift. After all if she still wants that look then it's the mid lengths and ends that need looking after with some product care :)

I wonder if anyone could help me!
my friend is naturally a level in goldwell 8NA and has been having a full head of bleach painted on to get that silver blonde. Its been damaging her hair. I was wondering if anyone knows what the best higlift tint to get nearest to that white blonde as she knows with tint it wont be as white or if anyone knows any other make thats better?
thankyou.
Matrix are bringing out a new range of extra high lift blondes very soon that will lift 5 shades and control natural under lying warm tones. I'm gonna give these a try when they are out they sound good. I do usually bleach first and then tone using color sync toners 10A or SPA are good for getting a silver tone and very conditioning to the hair and if she's a base of 8 i would only use 6% with the bleach :)

if youre using goldwell then avoid the base 12 highlifts as these are warmer than the base 11 highlifts. I would suggest using either 11P and blonding cream or as Tomme said use bleach with 6% but i wouldnt use highlift afterwards i would just tone with a Colorance shade, maybe something like 10BA or 10BS. be careful though as these can really grab if the hair is very porous

Latest posts

Back