Help! Hair disaster at a salon!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairstudent

Reaction score
Hi,

My sister in law has called in a panic - a salon did cap bleach highlights on her long dark hair (base about a 5) I am so shocked they used a cap the poor girl was in agony! Anyway she said they put a 8 toner on top of the bleach.
She wanted her whole hair lightening and not highlights. Now it looks terrible and she is going abroad on tuesday so she wants to put a home dye on - however I am unsure which brand to recommend, I have suggested getting an ash toner to calm the "yellow" down, however she just wants to go back brown without going orange - would a high at mocha or chestnut be better??
Thanks xxx

OMG they did cap h/l on her :eek:. How many highlights are there? I would be worried about putting a colour over bleached hair, as you can get GREEN,as the warm tones have been removed from the hair. Can she go back and get it corrected ASAP. best wishes xxxxxx

Hi she can't go back as she is home in Woking now she was in Chester at the time at uni.... :mad:
She must have been in so much pain!!

Hi,

My sister in law has called in a panic - a salon did cap bleach highlights on her long dark hair (base about a 5) I am so shocked they used a cap the poor girl was in agony! Anyway she said they put a 8 toner on top of the bleach.
She wanted her whole hair lightening and not highlights. Now it looks terrible and she is going abroad on tuesday so she wants to put a home dye on - however I am unsure which brand to recommend, I have suggested getting an ash toner to calm the "yellow" down, however she just wants to go back brown without going orange - would a high at mocha or chestnut be better??
Thanks xxx

Please please please don't let her put a home dye on it.
Get her to go to a salon to get it corrected.
Why did she not complain to the salon before she went back?

It's hard to give advice on someone's hair we can't see but if it's yellow she would a violet toner. Ash is more for your orange/red.

I can understand why they highlighted her long dark hair if she was going full head blonde as I feel it is a safer way to do it on dark hair, that's what I would have done, however why they would use the cap on the poor girls long hair is beyond me.

But I would definatley get her to book into another salon to get it done, I know it's going to cost more money but it'll prevent another hair disaster. x

All sorted :)

She came to me (3Hr drive!) she decided to go back to how it was before
I mixed 6nw with 5mm looks perfect!

Latest posts

Back