Help! Hair dye on clients top..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smcconnell1989

Reaction score
Hi,
Had the worst day ever, my hairdresser has somehow managed to get hair dye on her clients white top today even though she had a gown on her.

She has no idea how it happened but obv the clients not happy. I told the client to put some stain remover on it and leave it tonight and then put it in wash and see if it comes out and if not to let me know..

Has this happened to anyone else? And if so what did they do? I'm just dreading her ringing me tomorrow and saying it hasn't come out, what should I say? Will I have to pay for her for a new top? And not been funny but what if she says it cost £60 and really it was £20 or something.. And if I do should i take it out of my hairdressers wages?

Please help xx

What do you think you should do ? If you were the client how would you like the situation rectified ?

If she is bringing the top in to prove the stain did not go then you can have a quick check to see if it is a branded item, if shes claiming its worth a fortune and its from Primark then its safe to say its probably not worth more than £20 maximum.

You wouldn't be able to deduct it from the stylists wage either.

This advice is probably too late now if your client has already tried to wash the garment. If it should happen again, spray hairspray on the tint stain and wash a.s.a.p. This works every time.
Try not to be too hard on your hairdresser, no matter how well you gown your client, if they fidget colour can escape.
If the top is ruined, you have to swallow the cost and learn from it.

Agree with the above. It's annoying but accidents happen.

it happened to me while i was trainning,we just deducted the cost of a new top off the cost of her hair,we might of even done it free as we didnt charge much as i was trainning,cant remembeer really as it was a while ago,(it was bleach,so was unlikly to come out). like the others said,accidents happen.

Latest posts

Back