Help! Have I just ruined my UV lamp?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CazCardiff

Reaction score
After finding a thread on here last night about unpacking a CND lamp and removing ALL the blue film, I noticed my Harmony UV lamp had a blue film on the removable base plate.
So I set about removing it, now im worried sick Ive just ruined my lamp??

My lamp never came with any instructions (bought from Harmony UK) and Ive had problems getting Gelish to cure properly on the free edge. I automatically jumped to conclusion that the blue film was the reason becasue the light wasnt hitting the free edge properly and curing it..now Im panicking because Other than CND, EVERY UV lamp on the internet and youtube have the blue base plate..

Have I ruined my lamp now by removing it? Does the blue film on the base plate serve a purpose?
Thanks
Caroline :sad:

Panic over hun, you DO remove your blue film lol xx

Thank you so much for your reply. I can calm down now lol.

So does that means theres loads of people out there not using their UV lamps properly by leaving the blue film on the base plate? :D
Almost every Video I watched on Youtube to see if they left it on or not, had in fact left it on!
xx

Ooops mines still on too! Lol

another thing to keep in mind is that the UV light from LED's dose not have a very wide beam its pritty much straght down , so if your client is putting her hands at the back of your light chance's are the very edge of the free edge might not be reaching a full cure . get them to have there nails inside but in the middle .

Thank you so much for your reply. I can calm down now lol.

So does that means theres loads of people out there not using their UV lamps properly by leaving the blue film on the base plate? :D
Almost every Video I watched on Youtube to see if they left it on or not, had in fact left it on!
xx

I was in Sallys the other day and a woman came in screaming, effing and jeffing about how rubbish the lamp was and wasn't curing her gels properly. I was being served at the time and after noticing that she hadn't removed the blue film I pointed out that she needed to remove the film to expose the reflective plate. Well, she left in a hurry!!

Latest posts

Back