help help help please help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masonnewby

Reaction score
hi there i have a new client who has bald spots in her hair from glue in extensions not from me may i add.she had them about 2 months ago the extrensions they were put in by cutting up a hair weft and a glue gun as she says but from her taking them out her hair has developed bald spots can anyone help me help her and tell me any treatments that may help her sort this her hair i very short an im very worried about it iv never seen this before xxx:cry:

Bad application and / or bad removal. The hair will grow back.

thank you i was hoping you would say that.yeah they were removed by her mum using accetone but but in by a non hairdresser thank you for helping me i hate things like this xxx

Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Acetone on hair?! What a joke! I would advise, showing a doctor in case of any burns, the bald spots are common with hair extensions, so hair-skin-nails tablets or a tapping device is good. As alopcia is cured by constant tapping to allow the blood to simulate the scalp, allowing the hair foilical to grow. in some instances the hair root is a deep as 6 years hair growth. So tell you client to be patient and that she has learnt her lesson for safer measures! hths xoxo

Hi I had this with my extentions....there isn't much you can do apart from wait for it to grow :-( I presume she won't be wanting them back in?! :)

Acetone on hair?! What a joke! I would advise, showing a doctor in case of any burns, the bald spots are common with hair extensions, so hair-skin-nails tablets or a tapping device is good. As alopcia is cured by constant tapping to allow the blood to simulate the scalp, allowing the hair foilical to grow. in some instances the hair root is a deep as 6 years hair growth. So tell you client to be patient and that she has learnt her lesson for safer measures! hths xoxo

Acetone is what is use to break down the bonds though isnt it???
A lot of people attempt to take there own extensions out therefore results in bald spots, All to save a bit of money too because the don't want to pay for the removal!! Makes me sad because of the state of the hair!
xox

Acetone is what is use to break down the bonds though isnt it???
A lot of people attempt to take there own extensions out therefore results in bald spots, All to save a bit of money too because the don't want to pay for the removal!! Makes me sad because of the state of the hair!
xox

Acetone is used for some glues and some removers have an acetone content in them. Clients always think you are trying to rip them off with removal charges, and this is generally the result!

I wouldn't bother with skin/nail tablets. Just time. The hair will probably grow back, like Dawn said.

Acetone can be used, but really it shouldnt especially if your doing a diy job. Reasons being the harsh chemicals actually burn the scalp for long periods of tiome, blisters and hair loss is very common. You should always follow manufacturers recommended remover, the best ones that i know of are gel based polymers that debond the hair extension. IMO getting it done by a professional is the only way to minimise the risk of bald spots occuring!
I recommend these supplement tablets as its the only way to speed hair grow. xoxo

Acetone can be used, but really it shouldnt especially if your doing a diy job. Reasons being the harsh chemicals actually burn the scalp for long periods of tiome, blisters and hair loss is very common. You should always follow manufacturers recommended remover, the best ones that i know of are gel based polymers that debond the hair extension. IMO getting it done by a professional is the only way to minimise the risk of bald spots occuring!
I recommend these supplement tablets as its the only way to speed hair grow. xoxo

most definatly wonderwomen!
sorry i just thought i may have been doing something wrong :p
do these tablets work??
xox

Yup, I do recommend a professional all the way. Acetone, however, will not burn the skin.

The tablets are a waste of money. Pseudo-science crud. There are no studies that support the efficacy of these products. They are un-tested and potentially dangerous. About as good as homoeopathy. :irked:

what am i doing wrong i have been hairdressing 8 years now and i use majirel could some one what peroxide i should be using basic i no but they never seem to turn out as vibrant as i need even on blonde i was taught 10 % on blonde as you want to tone it not lift it what going on any tips or even other ranges will eb great xx

Latest posts

Back