Help, how to fire my client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cassiasaurusrex

Reaction score
I have had a client for about two years now. I do my business out of my home on a part time basis and she has been my most consistent client. But it's time to part ways. She likes to be in charge. She brings her own colour (arctic fox) which I have no problem with most of the time. But she refuses to let me use any of my own colour products that I already have. I use my own lightener and developer and colour remover and styling products. The process is usually lightening her roots, colour removing what needs to be taken out, applying colour, dry and style, then two weeks later re-applying colour for saturation and dry and style. The whole process over two appointments takes about 6-7 hours. I charge her the MINIMUM I possibly can because she's a loyal client and likes bright funky hair which I enjoy doing. But she never seems happy when it's finished. She also will text me days after her service and complains about colours mixing and treatments and her hair being different textures and porosity and she just never seems happy with the work. I answer all her questions and am knowledgeable and polite and do my best to address her concerns. I don't know if she's actually taking care of it like she says she is but it's always SOMETHING wrong that's my fault and it's extremely stressful. Like I said I charge her minimum because she brings her own colour in. I make almost $0 profit from her because after my product is used and my time is spent, that's it. I'm just drained from her. What should I do?

I feel awful for you. Is she a nice person in general? some of my own clients are like this, they never take responsibility and then be acting they did nothing wrong... for example one client I have after care advice after a spray tan not to shower with shower gel and she said she did after the gym but tried to tell me she didn't use shower gel after getting sweaty?? in my opinion if you need her keep her if not get rid of her.

You need to leave her feeling like you are doing her a favour, I use the 'I'm really sorry but I don't seem to be able to provide the kind of hair/service/experience/whatever you are looking for...perhaps it's best for bother of us if you find a different hairdresser' speech.

I suspect she's more than happy really, after all, unhappy clients don't normally keep coming back they find a new salon/hairdresser.

I told the last client I fired truthfully how I felt in that I would have a sleepless night before she came and spent the next few days worrying about her and that I couldn't take the stress anymore. She looked genuinely shocked and had no idea what she'd done to me and my confidence. Some people are just completely self absorbed.

This is an easy one. Tell her you are now charging her full price, even if she brings her own colour. Don't say why, don't say sorry.

[emoji115]I love attitude & her response!! [emoji173]️[emoji109]go with that!!

Latest posts

Back