Help how to get past being a beginner in acrylic!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Acrylic83

Reaction score
I started working in a high street salon, im working for free and have been told to bring in friends and family to practice on. Is this fair?. Ive been asked to watch other technicians but i feel that their acrylic application is to thin they make it as flat to the nail as possible and one lady came in today with a broken nail after just 2 days. The lady had to make a big fuss about getting the nail repaired shed already been in twice. I had to fix the nail the best i can. I wondering whether its worth staying. There also one nail tech whos been there for 4 years and she is very nasty she complains to much about where i sit to watch her and to be honest she proberbly doesnt want to "teach me ". She also had an argument with me saying shellac and gellish are the same and wouldnt let it go. Im not sure what i would be learning there apart from its got me thinking about and practising polish application.

No matter what, a nasty or undesirable work environment will never be a good long term job. Watch videos on YouTube, Naio nails is my favorite. And just take in as much info as you can. Practice on your friends, and family. But don’t think you have to do things their way. There are so many ways to do everything when it comes to nails. No one way is right, and you need to do what’s best for you. Mentally, emotionally, and financially. Good luck!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back