Help I need advice with treatments at a school fayre

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayt

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I would like your advice please. I am going to have a stall at the local school summer fayre this saturday (19th). Now I planned on offering:

£3.00 Mini Make up ( for children ) lip gloss, eyemake up and blusher ( all mineral makeup that I use at princess parties).
£0.50 Glitter tattoo and glitter hair spray
£1.00 Nail art sticker ( no polish )
£1.00 Body painted british flag

Now I was thinking of offering shape and polish £5.00 to parents along with children polish £2.50. I was unsure about the polish as it takes time, and I wanted to talk to mum and push my beauty therapy.
I have a great pink Spray tent that I put up and lots of minx to show my retail product are foot files, nail files and lots of princess items ( fairy wings, wands and tiaras ).

I gave a treatment to the organiser yesterday and she asked me what I planned on doing at the show. She then proceeded to tell me there were 3 face painters and one tattoo person going, along with lots of kids things going on. She has advised me to push more grown up beauty treatments, like indian head massage or threading. I like the idea of threading as I know that the two beauty salons locally do not offer threading, however I am newly qualified in threading and do not feel 100% with my skills but also think what a great way to learn.

Sorry to go on but what I would really like is your opinion or if you have any other ideas. I plan on doing a competition to win a princess party for 5 guest and have a form which they need to answer a question along with giving me details including birth date so I can send a bday card early reminding them that Im available.

Last edited:
What are you hoping to get out of the event?
Do you want more adult clients?
Do you want more bookings for Princess Parties?
Do you just want to make money on the day?

Even if there are others there doing face painting, I should imagine that they are only looking to make money on the day.

However, I think that running a competition is a great idea & should lead to business further down the line, if that's what you want.

how about offering a raffle for adult treatments at their home/your salon (not sure where you are based) that way you get their contact info and you get to give them some treatments that you aren't able to do at the fair eg. waxing and spray tanning and maybe even include a money off voucher (with a date) so that there is the chance of them coming back to you for a paid treatment and then maybe becoming a regular.

personally, i'm not sure why you would offer a prize of a princess party simply because you want your clients to return and to keep on returning (you can advertise that you offer parties by simply giving out a leaflet to whoever passes your stall, adding something on the leaflet about mum receiving a free mini treatment might be something you could consider?), are the parents going to throw these princess parties regularly? or is a parent going to want to send their child to you weekly for a treatment? i'd assume that most parents aren't going to make it a weekly/fortnightly thing to send their child to you and would keep it to more of a special occasion type thing. you need regular clients, you need clients that you can sell other treatments to and sell products to too. i'd just use the treatments for kids as a way to speak to the parents, rather than trying to sell the services you offer for kids to the parents.

what about offering something like a mini facial? you could give mums a mini facial and really push it home about how important it is to have time for themselves, how they deserve it and give them a money off voucher for a full facial with you (dated voucher) once they see how precious that hour away from work/kids/chores/home life they'll be hooked.
x

how about offering a raffle for adult treatments at their home/your salon (not sure where you are based) that way you get their contact info and you get to give them some treatments that you aren't able to do at the fair eg. waxing and spray tanning and maybe even include a money off voucher (with a date) so that there is the chance of them coming back to you for a paid treatment and then maybe becoming a regular.

personally, i'm not sure why you would offer a prize of a princess party simply because you want your clients to return and to keep on returning (you can advertise that you offer parties by simply giving out a leaflet to whoever passes your stall, adding something on the leaflet about mum receiving a free mini treatment might be something you could consider?), are the parents going to throw these princess parties regularly? or is a parent going to want to send their child to you weekly for a treatment? i'd assume that most parents aren't going to make it a weekly/fortnightly thing to send their child to you and would keep it to more of a special occasion type thing. you need regular clients, you need clients that you can sell other treatments to and sell products to too. i'd just use the treatments for kids as a way to speak to the parents, rather than trying to sell the services you offer for kids to the parents.

what about offering something like a mini facial? you could give mums a mini facial and really push it home about how important it is to have time for themselves, how they deserve it and give them a money off voucher for a full facial with you (dated voucher) once they see how precious that hour away from work/kids/chores/home life they'll be hooked.
x

The whole point of doing competitions is to look at the bigger picture & look at what future business you may get. You sometimes have to give a bit away before you can receive. Yes, Princess Parties may only be a one-off for the particular individual but if priced correctly should be financially worthwhile. Then there's the other guests at the party who may want one of her own.

The very good point of adding the birthday on the entry form means that those potential clients can be marketed to at a later date.

I'm about to do a few events myself in the coming weeks where there will be lots of children about. For me, I will be promoting my parties as opposed to my salon, as I would need about 8 or 9 clients from that 1 event to bring in money wise, what just 1 booking for a pamper party would do.

Since my earlier post, I've re-read the original post & think it sounds really good - may even have to pinch 1 or 2 ideas myself :D

I hope it all goes well for you x

Latest posts

Back