Help - I need to stop bleaching

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miss.a

Reaction score
Hi,

This is my first post here and I checked the search function and could not find what I needed so I though I would make a thread.

I am in dire need of help; I am naturally a dark blonde but had white blonde hair as a child I have been bleaching my hair all over a platinum for about 6 years. I decided I wanted to go a medium brown. As the brown dyes were fading a lot I decided to put a really dark brown on but as my skin colour is so white I looked completely washed out so I decided to go back to blonde. I absolutely ruined my hair in this process and the hair at the crown of my head snapped to about 2in long. My hair has grown back some more now and is in better condition than it was. I want to go to a more natural colour so that I can stop bleaching it. I am a student and cannot afford to go to a professional and to embarrassed to see one because of the state of my hair.

Please could anybody recommend any colour that will tone it down I do not want a warm one though as I am very pale.

Thank You

Hi,

This is my first post here and I checked the search function and could not find what I needed so I though I would make a thread.

I am in dire need of help; I am naturally a dark blonde but had white blonde hair as a child I have been bleaching my hair all over a platinum for about 6 years. I decided I wanted to go a medium brown. As the brown dyes were fading a lot I decided to put a really dark brown on but as my skin colour is so white I looked completely washed out so I decided to go back to blonde. I absolutely ruined my hair in this process and the hair at the crown of my head snapped to about 2in long. My hair has grown back some more now and is in better condition than it was. I want to go to a more natural colour so that I can stop bleaching it. I am a student and cannot afford to go to a professional and to embarrassed to see one because of the state of my hair.

Please could anybody recommend any colour that will tone it down I do not want a warm one though as I am very pale.

Thank You

Hello and welcome to salon geek :hug: I know its not what you want to hear but... you will need a professional to actually see your hair or you may end up doing even more damage,
so it wouldn't be very wise of us to advise any more chemical treatments ,

I would advise to you to ring up your local college and book in for a colour correction ,
I am sure they will try and help, but you will need a warm colour on it or you could end up with khaki tones
also you may like to ask them about a funky disconnected cut to disguise it a bit
the level three students do the advanced colour work, and they are fully trained hairdressers already ,
plus they are all under really good supervision , and they dont charge much at all, hope this helps, let us know what happens
x :) minky

You don't need to feel embarrassed, hairdressers are so used to putting DIY jobs right, they wont mind one bit. You hair is the way it is because of the DIY jobs..I am sure you don't want to make it worse by doing it again. You will feel so much better knowing your in safe hands and they will make your hair look alot better.

Hello, yeh a student on level three would absolutely love to do it. This is one of the most satisfying part of the job as a hairdresser to put mistakes right. Seriouly I have fixed bright orange hair, grey hair, broken hair, I could go on. People always mess up their hair it happens all the time, book in with a level three at your local hairdressing college, they will be happy to help you good luck, let us know how you get on xxxx:Love:

definately book in with your local college's level 3 class, they will be right into their colour correction now, ready to be signed off for their assessments there is allways a tutor to help with consultation and you pay minimal usually for the colours and a few quid extra..maybe 30 quid as apposed to over £100 in the salons

Thanks for your reply's, I managed to fix the color using a light beige blonde and a purple toner, That has took all the yellow out. I am going to book a appointment at college and see what they can do x

Latest posts

Back