Help in pricing for freelance therapist please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vintagequeen

Reaction score
Hi I am setting up as a freelance therapist offering Shellac and Minx manicures and pedicures as well as traditional manicures and pedicures. I am a fully qualified beauty therapist but have decided to focus on nails.
However I am struggling to know what to charge. I don't want to overcharge but equally I don't want to undercharge. I have decided to cover a 15-20 mile radius as I already have a few clients who are about 10 miles away. Does this seem ok? Obviously need to factor petrol in. I live in Warwickshire 5 miles from Stratford upon Avon. I know that geography plays a part when pricing treatments up.
Any advice gratefully appreciated. :confused:

Hi I am setting up as a freelance therapist offering Shellac and Minx manicures and pedicures as well as traditional manicures and pedicures. I am a fully qualified beauty therapist but have decided to focus on nails.
However I am struggling to know what to charge. I don't want to overcharge but equally I don't want to undercharge. I have decided to cover a 15-20 mile radius as I already have a few clients who are about 10 miles away. Does this seem ok? Obviously need to factor petrol in. I live in Warwickshire 5 miles from Stratford upon Avon. I know that geography plays a part when pricing treatments up.
Any advice gratefully appreciated. :confused:

Your really going to have to go visit the local salons in your area & see exactly what the competition is offering. (Every Area as different going rates!) As for the distance you are to cover I very much feel that 20 miles out is far too far to travel ! Even 10 miles away is pushing the boat. The farthest I travel is 15 minutes away thats pushing it TBH...
I live right on the borders of Warwickshire/Staffordshire & Lichfield (Tamworth). Your right about not wanting to undercharge but you have to take into account your petrol (just as a salon tech would of her rent) so your prices really need to be at least comparable... :)

I live in stratford and you really wont get a set of acrylics done for under £30 (except the NSS - but who wants to go there) I charge 55p a mile for travelling over 5 miles otherwise its free for appointments over £20. Most salons in stratford are offering shellac for £25-£30 which i think is reasonable and i really dont know about minx sorry. My standard mani and pedi is £18 each with the option to upgrade to luxury for £25, im quite busy and i get a mixture of working class and quite posh people so everyones happy i guess! HTH's

Hi Tranquility,
Thanks for your reply that sounds great. I was roughly thinking that so that makes me feel better about what I was going to charge. I like the idea of charging per mile over 5 as well. I had never thought of that. Makes sense. xx

Latest posts

Back