Help, job without experience?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissDanielle

Reaction score
I'm newly qualified beauty therapist with level 2 Im now studying level 3 . But I'm really finding it hard to get a job . Every job is looking for atleast 3-5 years expirence and I dont have that. I'm thinking If I should do voluntary work . What did you do?

what about working for yourself!?

I would volunteer, the knowledge you could soak up would be priceless and help you in the end. If its money your needing to make then tell them you'll work 1 day for free so they can try you out! Shows your motivated and confidant ;) best of luck to ya

Thank you for ur advice . I just really need to get the expirence. Does any1 know any good job websites I could look for beauty jobs ?

Thank you for your advice x

I'm having a similar experience in London. I'm in the middle of an ITEC level 2 course and I've got certificates for some things as well as insurance. I've been looking into getting work experience on evenings or weekends when I finish my course. All the advertisements are asking for level 3 qualified or level 2 plus 2+ years of experience. I've even asked a local salon where I had my hair cut about the doing an internship and they replied ''Beauty is difficult, GOODBYE!''. And that was it. I'm really aiming towards working from home, but thought it would be good to get salon experience, but the options appear to be non-existant. I'd be interested in hearing how you get on since you finished your course. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back