Help! Konad white gone gloopy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beauty bits

Reaction score
I don't have any thinner and can't get another for a few days. Is there any way I can save it please x

It won't help in the long run but you can put a few drops of acetone in it. Ultimately it will dry it up completely but you'll be able to use it for the next few days until you can get a new one. A 'few' is a little as possible, so try 2/3 drops, shake and see, then add one at a time until you get a consistency you can use. Too much and it will be ruined immediately

Thank you so so so much ☺ was thinking I was going to have to make everyone have coloured snow flakes x

Thank you so so so much ☺ was thinking I was going to have to make everyone have coloured snow flakes x

Hey, you could start a new trend for this Christmas.....lilac and orange snowflakes..... if you tell your clients it's the 'in' thing for this year, and keep a straight face I reckon they'll fall for it ;):p

Have you got the Konad silver polish in stock? Silver snowflakes are soooo in!! :p

I was wondering the same thing. About gel though?

The snow is actually light blue.

I was wondering the same thing. About gel though?

I have seen Gel Polish thinner, it's not something I've seen over here in the UK, but there was a link on here somewhere to one for sale in the US I believe. Most Gel Polishes are thixotropic so lots of shaking/rolling/stirring should resolve thickening issues. That said, once the solvents have evaporated it will start to thicken. If it's happening to lots of bottles then I'd check they are being closed tightly enough and the necks are clear of residual product so it seals closed properly. If it's just one colour then I suspect it's down to the colour formulation. White 'normal' polish always goes gloopy quickly due to the volume of white pigment required to make it fully opaque.

Latest posts

Back