Help, LED v UV lamps

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moomoo

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Firstly im very sorry I know this has been done to death but if ANYONE could help me please. To save everyones time and having to repeat their previous comments as i know you are all so busy and probably fed up of this subject - im fully qualified, using proper products and have tried everything already suggested(have spent hours and hours searching SG)

My problem is I bought a new Led lamp and I also have a new uv lamp, when I use the led my coloured gel polish is not curing thoroughly and being left dull, yet when I used the uv lamp I dont suffer with either of these problems.

My polish can be used under either lamp and I have followed the manufacturers instructions to the letter, also tried all the little tips n tricks you helpful geeks have suggested to no avail.

So if anyone can give me feedback and spot anything i may have missed or something I am being totally brain dead about as im ready to send my led lamp back, I would be very grateful as its all I can think about-lol sad I know :grr:

Is your LED lamp the one recommended for your Gel polish system? Is your system definitely one that can be cured in an LED lamp?
If the answer is yes to both of these questions then I think you need to contact the supplier of your lamp and speak to them as it may be faulty.

Hi Izzidoll

yes to both your questions. Dont think its faulty as all leds are working and emitting the same as each other, im going to have another try over the weekend and if no good will send it back-which theyve told me wont be a problem as I can have a full refund, will just go back to my uv-bit miffed cos I was hoping I could just save maybe a little time with the led. Thank you so much for replying
:biggrin:

Hiya, what brand do you use? Xx

Hi, well having exhausted all my powers and contacts for answers have decided to send my lamp back and have ordered another uv lamp so i can do both hands at the same time. Didnt realise how many people were having the same problem until they contacted me. Thanks for all your messages and taking time to read my plea for help:Love:

Were your hands in too far? Some led lamps have a blind spot at the back of the lamp, so won't fully cure x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

The appliction of gel is applied somewhat thinner when being cured within an LED lamp. When its cured within the UV lamp, the application can be that thicker... (This is what I know from a recent LED training course done via Bio Sculpture)...

Thanks geeks, yup i tried thinner coats, thicker coats, hands in all different positions, just was not getting the curing and finish like i do with my uv lamp, thanks for all your suggestions :biggrin:

The appliction of gel is applied somewhat thinner when being cured within an LED lamp. When its cured within the UV lamp, the application can be that thicker... (This is what I know from a recent LED training course done via Bio Sculpture)...

I think that advice has more to do with the trouble Bio Sculpture are experiencing during the transition to LED curing. There are a lot of threads about how users are really struggling with the BS LED curable gels & light.

No other brand suggests you have to adapt application to allow for LED curing.

If the products are formulated correctly & the lamp is the one designed for the system it would be unnecessary from a scientific point of view.

Latest posts

Back