Help! Moving out working 16 hours a week?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you need to pick yourself up dust yourself down and (I mean this nicely) realise it ain't all that being an adult and financially securing yourself

You are allowing these people to treat you like this, stop doing them favours do things around the house that your mum will appreciate. Don't get involved in she said he said tell tales and put all your energy into your business.

Don't get upset over things that are not important like collecting snakes,

If someone asks you to do a favour and you can't or choose not to dont make excuses just be polite and honest, also don't rely on other folk either show them your a strong independent women trying to do the right thing in life!

I'm a landlord and see so many people jumping into rental as a quick fix but 10yrs later they are in the same position whereas you can tough it out for 2 yrs at your folks save your arse off and hold your head high and say I'm on the way to OWN my property and not be in the same rental cycle for yrs to come!

Chill out and think sensibly would be my advice this decision will effect you for the rest of your life and at 23 you need to focus, gosh I sound old I'm 28!

My advice is think about it very carefully and be sure you can really afford it!

I racked up so much debt moving out at 22 when I couldn't really afford it. I ended up moving home and it took me a long time to pay it off and have the money to move out again.

I don't have any advice on getting assistance with the costs from the state. But if you go down the private rental route, there's a lot of costs. Along with the rent, utility bills, council tax, water rates... there's food bills and car costs (if you have one) and internet bills. And just to move into to somewhere you'll probably need to have 2.5 months' rent (1.5 months deposit and a month's rent in advance), plus admin/contract fees, plus all the costs to buy stuff for the place. Furniture / kitchen stuff / bathroom towels.... it really does all add up to a lot.

I hope this doesn't sound completely negative. It is doable if you can afford it. However, if you're not working full time, I'm not sure how you'd do on an estate agency's credit check.

I agree think about it! I moved out when I was 16 as I fell pregnant and I've been skint ever since! There's rent, water, electricity, gas, tv license, council tax plus your food. My partner is on a good wage and we don't see non of it as it all goes on the house and living expenses. I really wish I lived back at my mums for that reason! X

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Plus it cost us £1200 to move into our last house (2 months rent, credit checks, admin fees etc) which we are still paying back! X

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Ok, I am 24 and living in a studio in south London.
Now obviously London is different but kinda still the same?

You can not afford to move out unless you have several thousand pounds laying around.
Then once you do move you have all the bills that come with living alone.
Rent
Council Tax
Water
Tv Licence
Gas
Electricity
Food
Travel

Your other choice is finding a room to rent in a house share, but that is still hit and miss.
If you are THAT desperate to move you will sell your car. Otherwise suck it up.

People struggle too move out when they're working 40 hours a week because it is expensive too live away from your parents and it always costs more than you think.
The gas and electric bill is always more than you expect and the weekly food shopping always comes too more than you think and I really think you will struggle doing it only working 16 hours a week.
I understand your frustrated but if I were you I would ignore it all and concentrate on your business or can you forget about mobile work and get a salon job and start saving for a place of your own.
I think we've all been there where we've felt frustrated with living with our parents and siblings
Maybe talk too them and tell them your not happy with how they treat you and speak too you, it might clear the tension!

Thank you all. I think i need to just ignore these comments from my family and try and focus on better things, so use my time more better than crying about them all the time. I just been to visit my friend, was nice to go and see her, i think on my days off i use it to get ff my ass like i did and advertise the business or making time with my friend, i think i just need to make sure i'm busy so i don't focus on the negative.

I think i'll fall on my arse in the first month if i did move out. I just need to ignore my family and they will need me before i need them, even my friend said that funny enough.. Thank you all.

I know i sound like a baby, getting upset over these small things, but i do take too much to heart, i'd love not to give a crap, i really would, but sadly i am only human and i care too much sometimes and my feelings get hurt. Like i said we all have our own problems, and i am just struggling at the moment with my family, feeling left out by them and its making me want to move away from them to give us all space. I just don't know anymore, it's just hurtful when your own twin sister turns against you all the time and not feeling like you have sisters.

Often when it seems that the whole world is against you and everyone else is wrong it is time to look at yourself. I honestly do not mean this to be nasty but not everyone can be wrong can they.

You have had a lot of problems lately and maybe you are just in the wrong frame of mind, obviously your holiday has not re-charged your batteries so maybe it is time to take a step back, listen to your family and think things through before you react.

From reading your previous posts it is very apparent that you are emotional, do not think things through before acting and also need approval from your family, many of us are exactly the same. Do not let them get to you. Your choice now is to either to go on to benefits or to save up, become independent and stand on your own two feet. I know which one most of us would choose

Hope you feel better soon and make the right decision for you.

Remember sometimes your worst nightmare could be someone else's dream come true, I wish I had a sister and a family living nearby, appreciate them when they are gone you truly are on your own

There is a lesson to be learnt here, one of the most important ones in life. Learn to say NO.
You are being presented with the opportunity to learn this now with your family and your parents at home and what better a place to start practising! (they wont hold it against you forever)
You know what to do, how much housework would be your fair share, how generous to be with your time (and money) so just put that into practice. Do your fair share and no more. Be kind but not a mug. I agree with someone else that said you need to teach them how to treat you, dont put up with their bad behaviour or manners. Just try to distance yourself from them if they are getting too much for you. Go out for a walk, or go see a friend.

Learning to say no is a big part of running a business too, so it's a good idea to be able to do that. We've all had to learn that lesson. Good luck!

Often when it seems that the whole world is against you and everyone else is wrong it is time to look at yourself. I honestly do not mean this to be nasty but not everyone can be wrong can they.

You have had a lot of problems lately and maybe you are just in the wrong frame of mind, obviously your holiday has not re-charged your batteries so maybe it is time to take a step back, listen to your family and think things through before you react.

From reading your previous posts it is very apparent that you are emotional, do not think things through before acting and also need approval from your family, many of us are exactly the same. Do not let them get to you. Your choice now is to either to go on to benefits or to save up, become independent and stand on your own two feet. I know which one most of us would choose

Hope you feel better soon and make the right decision for you.

Remember sometimes your worst nightmare could be someone else's dream come true, I wish I had a sister and a family living nearby, appreciate them when they are gone you truly are on your own
No they went on holiday not me :)

Latest posts

Back